Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After 8 weeks, you should be able to eat just about anything. I would eat the soft tacos if I were you but if you chew really really good, the hard will be fine too. My doctor said don't eat roast or steak until 6 months but I did at 9 weeks and I was fine.

Why do you have a picc line in? Nevermind, not important i guess. I eat ground turley tacos often with jalapenos, onion , some cheese etc, usually wrap em up in a lettuce leaf but that may not be feasible for you. DO NOT let other sinfluence your eating. this is YOUR journey, not thiers.

I personally eat tacos routinely with my family...just less the shell. I cook with either ground turkey or 90% lean ground beef.

I eat the meat, low fat cheese, lettuce, Tomato, vegetarian refried Beans, avocado, and FF sour cream. I can eat the equivalent of 1 taco...or like 1 cup....just in a salad form, not taco form. i like it because there is usually leftovers for the next day.

I eat tacos about twice a month, and at 8 weeks out you should be able to eat them. I usually make them with ground turkey, lots of veggie, cheese, a light salsa and a little ff sour cream. I don'd eat the shell and it's still delicious.

I love tacos, I just don't eat the shell. I get chicken with cheese and salsa. I can only eat a few bites because meat fills me up really quickly. You could also have some refried Beans. I'm not sure what the PICC line is so these are just things I do. I am 7 months out and eat pretty much what I want within reason and in small quantities.

Is there a medical reason why you have a PICC line at 8 weeks post op? Are you getting parenteral nutrition?

For most of us between 6 -8 weeks is when we are allowed all foods as tolerated. My question is whether this would be too heavy. If you like tacos, a small one could fit into your eating plan by following the basic WLS rule; Protein first then veg. Just be careful not to overdo it.

I'm not supposed to go to eating everything until 4 months. My nut said to treat my new tummy like a newborn. You wouldn't feed your baby taxis until they were at that stage per a Dr you respect. They all have different rules.

We need those teeny tiny tacos that came in TV dinners.

personally i love the old el paso mini soft tac shells. at this stage for me, i can have two with my filling, ( ground turkey, diced jalapenos, onion and some cheese on top. ) and really enjoy them. But earlier on in my jouney I basically used lettuce leaf wraps or just as a taco salad. still yummy.

Like the others, I will make a small bowl of about 1/4 c. of taco meat (seasoned lean ground beef), 1/4 c. of refried Beans, some onion, a tiny bit of lettuce, a sprinkle of cheddar cheese and a little dollop of sour cream or guacamole. I don't eat the shells or tortillas.

As the person who does most of the cooking in the home, I've learned to adapt and eat the same thing as everyone else with a little improvisation.