Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First post-Introduction

Hey everyone!

I was referred to this site by a girl I met in our 6 months of mandatory classes. She said such great things about this site that I joined last night and already purchased from the store.

My last mandatory class is 12/4. I get submitted for approval 12/6. My surgery is already scheduled for 12/28 at 7:30 am. My 7 day liquid only diet is going on over Christmas!

Am I scared? Sort of...but not terrified.

Do I wish the surgery would hurry up and get done? Oh yeah...so done with the waiting.

I will be reading as much as I can from everyone and I thank you all for your sharing. It helps so many of us!

hi and welcome! Yes, there is a lot to be learned from this website. There probably is a December group out there if you want to get into that. My surgery was in October and we had a group. It is nice to have the support of folks going through surgery at or near the time you go through. If you have any questions - there is probably a thread or two out there that could help - if you don't see your question out there, be sure to ask. Lot's of folks here and lots of experience with WLS.

Again, Welcome!

Hi there! I'm also new and also finished up 6 months of dietitian visits. We only have one class to attend (mine is in December). The therapist told me I could attend any of their support group meetings prior to surgery, but there were no classes. I kind of wish there had been! I've found folk at BP to be extremely friendly and helpful. You must be super excited to get the show on the road after working up to it for six months! Keep us posted, and welcome.

ETA: I missed the bit about monthly groups. There is a December/January group (and also a Facebook group for them). I don't have a link handy, but if you search you should find it.

Edited by songsmith

I am learning the navigation of this site from my cell. I am finding there are some unusual ways to do things!

I am so excited to be here since I want to be educated, safe and successful!

I would REALLY appreciate a link to the December group!! I didn't find it.

Right now I feel like the Facebook cartoon I saw last week...like a busted tube of biscuits!

Songsmith,

I hope to find the December group link! My last class is 12/4. I am getting nervous and excited! And scared, terrified, freaking out then thinking of everything I want to do AFTER!!

Songsmith,

I hope to find the December group link! My last class is 12/4. I am getting nervous and excited! And scared, terrified, freaking out then thinking of everything I want to do AFTER!!

InnerSurfGirl,

Thank you! We are very close in age!

Welcome cyrus05. What a fantastic Christmas gift you are giving yourself. It will be the best one ever! Lots of wonderful people here and lots of information. It is a great place.

I sent you some links in a PM. There's also a forum for December sleevers (or is it WLS folk in general). You can find it if you scroll way down on the list of forums where it lists years. You'll find December there.

I finished my last class and hope to hear about getting my approval! Scheduled already just in case! !

Did anyone else practice the pre op liquid diet?

I haven't practiced an all-liquid diet, but I have been sampling various approved Protein supplements so I will know which ones I can tolerate and which ones make me want to hurl. I don't want to be down to liquids only and left with a Protein Drink I can't stand.

Boy have I tried some seriously disgusting Protein shakes!