Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I NEED to break this stall, help needed!

So, my surgery was Oct. 26, 2015. Prep and postoperative total weight loss was fast and a lot! 45 pounds to be exact. Then November 11th I hit a dead stall. In fact I gained 3 pounds in 3 days. So I need some advice. Here is what I am starting Monday, November 30th.

1. I joined Planet Fitness and am going to go 3 to 4 times a week.

2. I'm thinking of going back to all liquid diet for 3 days to jumpstart, though I'm afraid that will sap my energy even more

3. Going to listen to fellow wls patients advice and ideas of what you have done and what not to do.

I thank you all in advance! Feel free to be as open and honest as need be, for I may just need a kick in the pants!

Stalls are a normal, natural and necessary part of the process.

The first questions to ask when you experience a stall are: are you following your program; are you tracking your food; are you reaching your Protein and Fluid goals every day; are you taking your Vitamins and supplements as directed; and are you exercising?

If you are unhappy with your progress or unsure about what your program requires, then definitely touch base with your NUT.

Otherwise, keep in mind that you will experience stalls and if they drive you crazy the best course of action may be to stay off the scale.

Embrace the Stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

First off sleeved June 15, 2015

Starting weight:265

Surgery weight:240

Today's weight:191

I had just a few problems after surgery with getting sick. Recovery was good and I was on smashed foods when I was released from the hospital. I was eating a spoonful of refried Beans with cheese and sour cream for about a week and half then added other foods as tolerated.

I had trouble finding a Protein shake I liked after surgery and have finally found one that I can handled. I take my Vitamins and stool softener at night. I forget my Calcium all the time:( I just had my blood draw and everything came back in the normal range.

When I was about 6 weeks out I hit a stall.....I stayed the same weight for about 3 weeks. I got very frustrated and I changed everything up. I added 10 mins to the treadmill(45 mins total), stationary bike for 20 mins and then started some leg exercises as my tummy was still a little sore. I upped my calories a little and would do treadmill and bike everyday, legs every other day. Then I would drink my Protein Shake right after I worked out. I would eat about an hour before I worked out. I changed what I was eating to only Protein and did this for about a week. It helped a little.

I have hit several stalls since then and tried all these things since and they haven't helped. I go a week or some and not lose then lose a few pounds. I might gain and then lose, I have been hovering at 191.5-189 for three weeks now and I can not seem to break this. I think that if you keep doing what your suppose to do your body will eventually realize and the scales will move again.

My best advise is clean out the pantry and fridge. Get rid of any and all temptations and find a Protein Bar and Protein Drink to use after workouts/when your starving and that will help with the cravings your having if you are.

Good luck and enjoy the ride. Sometimes the stalls help you realize where you have come from, and let's your mind caught up with your body changes!!

I'm getting in 80 or more g's of Protein. I'm currently in the process the last week so starting over with Vitamins. My stomach was getting upset when I took my meds. So I stopped all vitamins and just took my required meds I have been on for years. Then I started adding vitamins until I found the two culprits. The gallbladder meds and the B complex do a number on my gut! I am on soft foods and have also had ups and downs, i will never eat tuna or salmon ever again. I switched from soy milk as it gave me freight train farts, i now drink skim fairlife which is high protein, low sugar and no lactose. I walk everyday and lift light hand weights. It's too cold for me to continue walking outside and I need more exercise so i joined Planet Fitness and start tomorrow. So with all that, I guess my next move is nut or stay away from scale.< /p>

Stalls happen. I had one only a week out from surgery that lasted 4 weeks. I can tell you I was doing everything I was supposed to do. Then after four weeks the scale started to move and I have lost 10 lbs in about 2 weeks. I think sometimes our bodies just need to catch up with itself. Those four weeks I didn't lose any weight but I lost a lot of inches. Hang in there! If you are doing everything you are supposed to the weight will come off!

Try staying off the scale for awhile so you don't get overly frustrated. Take care!