Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight loss wall! Any advice?

This is my first post. I have read thought so many different stories and they have helped me so much! Right now I am 2 1/2 weeks post op. Before I started this journey I weighed in at a max of 340 lbs. I lost 18lbs in the two week pre op diet and all the rest was after surgery. I am currently today 294lbs. I was losing weight daily it seemed until about a week ago. I was so encouraged by the weight loss I looked forward to every morning stepping on that scale. For the last week or so now since I was put on puréed and very soft foods, I have hit a wall. I haven't lost even 1 pound. As far as I can tell I am getting all of my Protein in and I drink Water constantly. Has anyone else had this problem? If so does anyone have any ideas that could help me get back on the weight loss track? This wall has me so discouraged right now I'm not sure what to do!

@@rescue4_u welcome.

it's kind of a known thing called the three week stall.

embrace the Stall.

search for stall.

stay on course!

What you're going through is completely necessary and normal! Don't stress! It happened to most of us at the same time post surgery!

Google "Three Week Stall" and it will explain everything.

Like @@jane13 said, stay on course and embrace the stall! It's supposed to happen :)

Yep it's the dreaded 3 week stall. You aren't doing anything wrong. Your body is just adjusting to all the new changes. Continue meeting your Protein and Fluid goals. Try to get in some regular exercise. If the scale is making you crazy, put it away.

step away

I think I just broke my 3 week stall today. Weight loss isn't a linear process. You will lose and stall. Embrace the stall! It means that your body is recovering and readjusting to the weight loss. Mine lasted at least a week and a half. Stay off the scale, take measurements if you need that positive reinforcement. Make sure you are getting your target Protein and Water levels and relax. It will start again! I lost 42 lbs during preop and since surgery. It was time for my body to put the brakes on and reevaluate itself. You tend to lose inches rather than pounds during this time.

Stalls are a normal, necessary, and natural part of the process of weight loss. Most folks e peri emcee their first stall somewhere about three weeks after surgery.

Just focus on getting in all your Protein and fluids, take your Vitamins and supplements as directed and exercise.

Embrace the Stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

@@net0girl are you meeting your Water and Protein goals every day? Are you taking your Vitamins? Are you keeping your carb count down? Have you started your monthly? Have you started exercising (which can lead to a gain due to muscle gain)? Are you retaining Water (watch your salt intake)? Are you taking measurements rather than relying on your scale?

You are due to hit the famous 3 week stall. How much did you lose pre op? Read the thread "Embrace the Stall" and it can give you an explanation of what is happening. Stalls can be a good thing if you have stalled while doing everything right. The body needs to stop and reevaluate itself after weight loss.

Thank u. I was having an extremly hard time.losing on Preop too. I am not meeting my Water goals. I am changing ut up today. Gonna start real excercise and getting all fluids in today

I've hit my stall too, but I've been taking measurements every Wednesday, hopefully I'm still losing. :)