Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello, I am new to the site and I have been reading many stories that actually bring tears to my eyes.. As my date gets closer I feel major anxiety. I can't believe this is actually going to happen. Anyone on the site at a weight of 225-230 lbs pre surgery and if so how did it go your first month post op ? I have many many people say to me that I'm not big enough for this surgery. In my heart I know its what I need. The years I've struggled. I'm tired, in pain , and most of all depressed !! I can't wait to live again, smile again, and fit into my clothes again.. Any support is appreciated.. Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving ????

@@dlh16 I was 227 Oct 15 and this morning I was 208. I probably could have done better but I haven't been excersizing like I should. I'm too tired from working all day and it's too cold to walk outside. Lately I haven't had much of an appetite either. Good luck.

I fear the same " lack of exercise ". I work 12 hour shifts and two hours of drive time makes me tired no matter how much I weigh. I'm trying to mentally prepare myself to do my best. Congrats on your loss and good luck ..thank you for your response. I guess I'm looking to see how well or even how much weight is lost in just the first month. I mean it is all liquid right ?

Ugh!!! I heard the same exact thing from people. OMG you look great. You can lose the rest on your own. Look how great you've done already. UGH!! Again. I was 256 when I started this journey in May. I was 215 day of surgery on November 12. I was 218.8 when I came home. This morning 202.8. (OMG, I can smell wonderland)!

I've probably lost close to a thousand pounds in my life(I'm almost 61), always gaining it back plus more! My co morbidities WERE sleep apnea, diabetes, high bp, high cholesterol and insane triglicerides and was on meds for all. I now take 1 bp pill and that will be gone within a month or two. I LOVE it!

My only regret........not doing this years ago!!!

Good luck on your journey!????

I was about 217 surgery day 10/26. Today 196. I walk every morning 2 mi. Seriously I thought I'd lose way faster - I always did before. I had a week and a half stall but am losing again. I watch my carbs... I'll just see what happens. It hasn't been too hard so I really can't complain. But at this rate it will take me longer than expected to lose the 60 more.

Edited by itstimealready

@@itstimealready - thinking you meant 196 - and great job!

I was 227 on the day of my surgery - am 212 today - 5 1/2 weeks later. I lost 7 lbs in the first week in addition to the Water weight from the surgery. I stalled after the 1st week for 4 weeks and have been averaging about 3/4 lb a day since the stall broke. The stalls can get discouraging - but I just stick with the process. I had fluids the first 2 weeks - the Protein shake I could drink before the surgery my stomach didn't like afterwards so really had to work hard to get the Protein in. After 2 weeks I could eat pureed foods which made it a bit easier. At four weeks I was allowed to move to soft foods and that is where I am at now for a few more days. With soft foods I am able to get most of my protein in with food and only sometimes need to drink some shake - or a drink a shake on days I just don't feel like eating anything.

I know what you mean by people telling you that you can lose the weight on your own 'ugh' - I had that, too. But from all my dieting through the years my metabolism had slowed down and I ended up with a lot of co-morbidities which are slowing resolving themselves.

As long as I get in all my protein and fluids I feel great - and sometimes that is the hardest work I do all day!! But it is all worth it.

Good luck on your surgery! This is a great website and the folks on here have great experience and wisdom.

Wow !!!! Thank you all for your responses ????.. I'm currently 229. High bp, borderline diabetes and cholesterol.. I take one bp med and I qualify through my insurance soooooooo in about 2-3 weeks I should be getting my RNY .. It's so hard when people say ,why ? I feel like you are not living my life !! The pain and depression are beyond out of control so I have no regrets for what I'm about to do . @ gigs525, I'm 46 and think I've lost 1000 lbs my entire life ,all to be gained back and then some . I'm sick of these TV, internet, and store advertisements taking my money for NOTHING in return. Even the prescription meds to lose weight was a waste !! I love this site ❤ I pray everyone finds a comfort zone and lives happily ever after. Thanks again everyone for your support and experiences..