Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are slider foods?

I was just reading a post about slider foods and was wondering what are slider foods? I am thinking they must be sfood that goes down easily. Are slider foods something we are suppose to stay away from? Wondering if cream cheese is a slider food? What about applesauce?

Slider food is usually anything that you can eat a lot of and it "slides right through" your sleeve. Think Cheetos, potato chips, crackers... If you can put a large amount into a blender, give it a few whirls and it condenses into nothing, it's most likely a slider for most people.

Cream cheese is NOT one of those. :D I love cream cheese. I eat it with a spoon (or a red pepper strip) instead of a cracker now.

Slider foods are foods with no particular nutritional value that we can seem to eat a lot of and never get full. A lot of snack foods like chips, crackers, Cookies and popcorn are slider foods.

For me it's potato chips, ice cream, mac and cheese, stuff like that. I just have to say no, because I would lose all control and eat until my sleeve gives it all back.

Does anyone know if Parmesan Crisps are considered sliders? I used them on Atkin's diet and also on my weight plan before I have sleeve surgery. Used them with both tuna and egg salad and with cream cheese based spreads. They are made by Kitchen Table Bakers. Wheat, Gluten and sugar free. Less than 1 carb, no sugars, Protein 7g, 80 calories for 3 lge rounds.

Your slider is not my slider. My slider is not yours. :D

I really have no sliders except MAYBE Cheetos, but I don't care for those, so I don't eat them often. I love Parmesan Crisps, but some are all cheese, and some are mostly cracker. For me, it depends on what you are buying. ;) What you have sounds like all cheese and perfectly diet friendly for sleeve people. Can you stop at a reasonable serving? Only you can answer that.

Wheat thins...preferably Buffalo flavored. I love Wheat Thins. They make me gain weight quickly because I end up eating the whole box in a few hours. The solution is that I get a box on special occasions and the rest of the time I keep them out of my house.

I read about slider foods in the past, pretty much from what I know it means foods that are able to go (slide) right through your sleeve easily so yea you pretty much nailed it. Some things include chips, Cookies, ice cream. I guess we can eat more of those foods more easily which sometimes tempts us to keep making those bad choices we were making before. I know thats why Protein is always important, because it fills us up and sits in out tummys for awhile. I don't think slider foods are the best choices but I think once you've gotten half way to your goal its ok to treat yourself. I know I told myself that I got this to be more of a normal person. So slider foods in moderation..once I reached goal though. Lol well maybe once I'm just a lot..closer.

Doesn't seem like chips or Cookies would go down that easily. I was thinking more like liquidy foods like ice cream, Jello or pudding. So i guess its things that you have a hard time stopping and may over eat. I try to stay away from the really addicting things I have a hard time controling portion sizes when I eat them. Yesterday, however, I had made a cheese ball made of cream cheese and feta cheese mixed and I just couldn't stop eating it. I noticed too that I had no restrition. My tummy never sent me a signal at all. That did not make me feel good at all.

I'm not a big chips or cookie person. Now put a pie or cake in front of me and there might be a problem. Had turkey, cauliflower, 1 tbsp cranberries, tsp of stuffing, some cheese and no dessert for Thanksgiving dinner. I was hard, but just kept busy.

Yesterday was my 1 month mark so today I decided to try popcorn my wife brought back from the movies. This is the first thing I've eaten that hasn't sat on my chest while eating. I usually take a small amount of something wait, wait and wait then another small amount. With the popcorn I eat it like normal. I like this, but all things in moderation.

I'm able to resist most things, but do not leave me in a room with cake or ice cream! Ice cream is definitely a slider food for me!

Thank you for suggesting the Parmesan Crisps! I just ordered some from Netrition.com!

Better than eating saltine or ritz crackers. They go down easy and I only eat two per day, but still feel better making a healthier choice for my tuna and chicken salad. :)