Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why am I hungry?!?!

I'm 12 days post op and feel hungry. I miss chewing and I'm frustrated. Is this normal? I have heard people can't get down Water and I'm sitting here hungry?!

I think its just a reaction to not having any solid food. It's probably just head hunger. Once you're able to eat something that requires chewing you'll feel better

I think its just a reaction to not having any solid food. It's probably just head hunger. Once you're able to eat something that requires chewing you'll feel better

Thanks - just hope that's what it is :(

@@vsgbeccab i am in the same position as you and started wondering if my stomach was all still in there. Try bulking up your Protein. I started blebding my shakes to thicken them uo and adding some natural Peanut Butter for some extra protein. Ao far it has helped today

After a week of all liquids I wanted something to chew as well! Honestly, I just wanted something other than a Protein shake! For that part, you just have to hang in there until you progress back to food.

As for the hunger, are you having head hunger or is it something else?

Three days after surgery I was STARVING! It wasn't head hunger either I was actually starving. I just dealt with it. Four weeks post op I still get very hungry. I can eat and then an hour later I'm starving again. I dunno what's up lol

My saving grace at 3 wks postop was vienna sausages. Just 1 eaten slowly and I was good. Now I'm almost 3 months and down 55lbs total. So happy I did this.

Edited by Jazziminna

I am 6 week post-op and am hungry all the tine too. I may try doing the Peanut Butter in my shakes to see if that helps. Today has been really hard, since I'm cooking for Thanksgiving and around all the food.

I'm 1 week post op and I'm hungry but I think it's because I don't sip constantly. I drink so many ounces an hour but then take a half hour break then drink a bit more. I just want to get to full liquids so I can have Soup and Protein shakes so I feel like I'm actually consuming something.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I have to admit I was feeling a lot like you..I kept thinking I was hungry and wanting to chew. Still struggling with that.. only 15 days post op but I've caught myself a few times overexaggerating the situation. I'm trying to pay more attention to my body and what it is and isn't trying to tell me. I've noticed that my stomach never growls, even though at times I kept thinking I was hungry. I wasn't getting pain either..so I guess it was in my head. I think a lot of it has to do with our mind sets. We went from one way of living, to a completely different way of living! its a lot of change at once and we're still getting used to it. I know for a fact everyday has still been a struggle, but that struggle is getting easier and I know in my heart of hearts it will be worth it. My advice, listen to your body..really pay attention to it. If you feel like you absolutely need something to chew, get some cottage cheese! maybe a laughing cow cheese wedge..something thats super soft but still chewable. And remember its ok to be frustrated, just don't let yourself get so wrapped up in it like I did! it only made me more miserable to the point where I regretted it and started to even sabotage myself for a short time..but now I'm starting to see the good in this all and things are slowly but surely looking up. Good luck!