Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

There’s a ton of talk about Thanksgiving food on the boards, but what about activity?

Now, I want to know how you’re going to keep fit and healthy over Thanksgiving. Do you have a healthy tradition, like taking a walk early in the morning or playing football after eating? If not, maybe it’s time to start one!

What are your plans for getting in a workout this Thanksgiving weekend? I’m planning to hit my home gym. At least, that’s what I’m calling it. It’s just a rowing machine that lets me get in some cardio when the weather’s not fun for running outdoors. I’ll probably also lift a few weights.

What exercise are you planning to do on Thanksgiving and over the Thanksgiving weekend?

I'm expecting the group fitness classes at my gym to be canceled so I'm planning on taking a nice walk, maybe a bike ride if it's not too cold.

Cooking the meal! 2 days of prep and cooking. Maybe some treadmill in the morning.

In anticipation of eating a little more than usual, I plan on hitting the gym 5 days this week as opposed to my usual 3-4. I also have already planned a nice walk with my and my grown kids' dogs that evening after dinner.

It's also supposed to snow Thanksgiving Day here, so we may play in the snow, too ;)

Our Thanksgiving (we co-host with another couple at their home)always includes an after-dinner walk. I'm currently wearing out my Fitbit kneading dough for rolls (two kinds), grooming and bathing our Golden Retriever, polishing silver, starching and ironing 18 napkins, prepping the guest room, cooking for the first half of the week, and painting closet doors. Oof!

I'm planning on hiking up a mountain trail near my home (I live in a warm climate). The last time I hiked this trail was 25 years ago so I'm really nervous I won't make it. I've been climbing a smaller hill for the last month and a half in preparation and I thought Thanksgiving Day will be the perfect day to try. I promise not to kill myself! ????

My gym has placed signs at each workout machine. A serving of cranberries = 30 mins on the stair master to burn. Love this!

Thanksgiving morning will be my second turkey day 5K since surgery. Its now my Thanksgiving tradition. The run is in the morning. dinner late afternoon with my family. My grandsons first thanksgiving!

I'm doing a 5k thanksgiving morning. It'll be my first, my goal is to just finish.

I'll have lots of extra workout time since I'll be off Thursday- Tuesday...and you can't forget all the steps from black Friday shopping!

I was planning on running our towns turkey trot and hitting the gym at least 3 days. But I attempted to ice skate this weekend and now I have whiplash and a bruised tailbone so now I'm down on my side for a few days. :( :( :(

Thanksgiving Day will be sedentary. All football and lounging and tedious discussions.

Then...Black Friday and OSU-Michigan 24-hour tailgate (lots of flag football). Expecting multiple 25K step fitbit days!

Fortunately I'll be in South Florida for the holidays and plan on swimming laps in the pool. So much more comfy in the warm Florida Water instead of the cold Water at the Y at home. :)

I was planning on running our towns turkey trot and hitting the gym at least 3 days. But I attempted to ice skate this weekend and now I have whiplash and a bruised tailbone so now I'm down on my side for a few days. :( :( :(

Awww, Heal quick and feel better

I have been doing the P90X this week and plan to get that in on Thanksgiving morning before starting out. Like some of the others I'll be watching football with dad then scooting over to visit other friends within a walk-able distance.

Ow. Ow. Ow. I hope you feel better SOON!

I'm doing my first 5K. We'll be walking it, but, as someone else said, my goal is just to finish it.

Friday - Sun - more walking, getting in the pool at the gym and housework. Vigorous housework I've ignored for weeks. Should be fun... NOT. ;)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

CJ