Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op Budgetting

Hello everyone. My surgery is not scheduled until January 18, 2016. I'm a very budget/financially oriented person. I would like to know if anyone has been able to calculate their post op expenses. What's an average weekly expense about. Just curious.

I don't have specific numbers but some categories for you to think about.

Supplies and Tools: If you don't have these on hand already, you'll need a good kitchen scale, measuring utensils, storage containers, etc. shaker bottles, Water bottles, etc. are helpful.

Vitamins and Supplements: You can shop sales for good prices.

Food: Your food budget will probably decrease, especially if you have been in the habit of eating out a lot. Fresh, healthy food can be more expensive, but you will be eating less of it.

Protein Supplements: Not cheap, but the per-meal price is reasonable when compared to meals. Also, look for sales. It's also a good idea to try samples before buying in bulk.

Clothes: Many folks shop at thrift stores while losing, but depending on what you have on hand and what you need, for work, etc. this can add up. I haven't started yet, but I have thought about saving for when I reach goal. I would love to be able to invest In new wardrobe and a personal shopper or style assessment at that time.

Gym/Exercise: I joined our local wellness center. If you join a gym or Y there is a monthly fee. I also hope to buy a bike when I am able to ride. Some people buy exercise equipment, etc. I swim, so I need to buy new bathing suits periodically as my size decreases. Workout gear, shoes, etc. are expenses you may need to include.

Rewards: If you plan to reward yourself, then you will need to include this in your budget. Mani-Pedis, massages, and even trips make good rewards.

Hobbies: As I regain mobility and energy, there is so much I want to do. I want to experience life. This is something else to save and budget for based on your needs and desires.

I hope this helps a bit. Maybe someone else can answer your specific question.

So helpful... I guess the Protein makes up for all the extra food you don't buy lol. The clothes shouldn't be so much. I have tons of them from when I was smaller. I guess I hoarded them lol. Thanks again!

I definitely recommend getting a membership to GNC its 15 bucks for the whole year and they have tons of sales on Protein powders Vitamins and the like