Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got plastic surgery dates....

Set my dates for Dec 8th for 360 degree Tummy Tuck and Dec 23rd for Breast Lift. Have questions about healing. Dr was really on me about VGS patients not eating enough and helaing poorly. So want tips on what anyone on here did to ensure you heal good. etc....

HI Lacowgirl....I can't comment on the TT, (mine is scheduled for 8 Feb) but I had a breast lift done 2 years ago and wow, I am SO happy!!!! Actually it was a breast reduction....150 grams of tissue from one, 9 from the other! I have no idea but when I lost weight one got so much bigger than the other and they looked like party balloons....a week AFTER the party!!!! So so happy I did it. And I think what you will hear, is just load up on the Protein to help you heal. Good luck!

My doctor made me wait 3 months between different procedures, but I had the front half of the 360, and the Tummy Tuck done at the same time as the breast lift and augment. I had no problem healing with that surgery. I ate the same as usual, although honestly I probably ate more junk than usual during the first week after surgery. After that I just focused on eating the usual- Proteins in a variety of forms.

You will love your new body- the TT and boobs are still my favorite plastics procedures.

HI Avafern....thanks for the update....can you tell how much weight you lost due to the TT? I don't really know what a 360 is, but am assuming it is when they include the back as well? I am very encouraged by your post...we are the same height and I started at 233 lbs. That seems so long ago that I don't even remember being that weight, but indeed I was!

I reverted back to a lot of Protein shakes and meat. I had a body lift (which also included the tummy tuck; same as 360), spiral thigh lift and breast augmentation on June 9th. I am 5 months out. The doctor wanted me to get in a minimum of 100 grams of Protein. So, I over shot and set my goal to 150 grams (which I was already used to, because my daily in-take of protein was at this level due to the intensity of the weight lifting program I was on). A chicken breast usually carries about 30-40 grams of protein. A can of tuna has almost 40. I would graze on these meats throughout the day, just prepared them in various ways so they would not get so "boring". Two 11 oz Premier Protein Shakes adds another 60 grams of protein; the rest would come from nuts, Greek yogurt, cheese, and other natural high protein foods. I was able to get back into the gym--slowly--at about 8 weeks. I do not do any core specific exercise, even though I they are targeted secondarily via other exercises, I am waiting for my 6 month post-op date to arrive to begin those types of exercises.

Best of luck to you! I know how exciting the prospect of a new body is, especially after all that you have gone through to get there. It will be rough for a little while, but it is so worth it! Keep us posted!

@newsetofcurves....So, it sounds like you think it was well worth it? And just curious, did you lose any weight from it? And how long did you wear your compression garment? Thanks for all the Protein tips.

@@Queen of Crop, I LOVE my results! I would do it all over again, if I had to. I do have to say that the compression garment would chafe my skin in my nether region. It was awfully painful. I wore it for about three weeks, and I could not take it any more. So, I bought a girdle that went from my knees, all the way up to the bottom of my breasts. I wore that religiously up to the eighth week. After that, I lived in my Under Armour exercise pants. They were a size small and had really good compression, especially with the additional swelling in my legs.

I did not really lose additional weight, because the weight of skin that was removed (about 2/3 pounds) was replaced with the implants (almost 2 pounds).

@@Lacowgirl72 Congratulations! Jealous! Could they not do them all? That seems like hell to have to go back in two week for more surgeries! I'm sure it will be totally worth it though!

doctor wouldnt do them at the same time. Said with the 360 lower lift I would have so much time in surgery. He wanted me to wait longer but with work I convinced him to do after two weeks.

I have my BA scheduled for 12/16 any helpful recovery tips? My sleeve is very sensitive. I'm currently 111lbs, 5ft small bcup (was dd) going to small d

I had my Tummy Tuck and breast lift 8months post VSG. I kept taking my regular Vitamins as well added Bromelain, and Vitamin C. My surgeon actually felt I healed quicker then other patients. She did have me reduce Fluid intake for the first 2 weeks post surgery. I am very pleased with my results.

@@bdcsail what is that? How well was your recovery with pain medicine? I know I can't have a lot of the pain medications with my sleeve any suggestions? With my excess skin I'm wanting to go bigger but I don't want to go too big.. Thank you for your reply I've been stressing out about this ????

Bromelain is pineapple enzyme and helps with recovery and reduces swelling. I did take some pain meds but only in first 3 days but also took Arnica regularly. I used oxycodene but by day 3 was totally weaned and really only took it at night. I also did add a small implant so breast side didn't change other than perky and firm. My doctor was strict about limited movement so I lived in a recliner for 3 weeks and followed her instructions. My binder I had a love hate relationship with but was important to limited pain.

Where do I get bromelain. What is arnica, sorry I'm still learning outside of bariatric Vitamins, Biotin ;)

Any health food store would have it.