Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre surgery in hopes of pregnancy

Hello, I have my surgery one week from today. The reason I have decided to go ahead with a weight loss surgery is because for 8 years my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant. I have seen over 4 different doctors and I continued to hear the same answer. You need to lose weight.im not sure if this is the group I should be in as I haven't been pregnant nor had the surgery yet but it is because of the fact I wish to try after my procedure that I felt maybe this is the right group for me. I have loads of questions that,I'm hoping are relatable to what,this group is about. I look forward to hearing from you all thank you.

I just wanted to say welcome! You will get tons of support and information here. It is a great resource for Post-op questions.

You do know that most doctors advise waiting a year or two post surgery to get pregnant?

I had my surgery on July 15th of this year so that I could have more babies. I was lucky enough to get pregnant and have my son, but we tried for a year before that and we had a loss at the beginning of this year. I AM NOT waiting the two years to try again as we've already started trying with CNY Fertility in NY just three months in. I'm down 65 pounds and my fertility doc doesn't have a problem with it. I hate going through fertility challenges and I'm glad you asked this question. I've heard that weight loss is the key and it is worth hoping for.

This gives me super hope... I had asked my doctor the 'what if' question about what if it did happen before then and she simply said "then good for you." I know there are risks to it happening sooner then later. I'd like to continue to hear about your story and prayers to you and your struggles.

I'm in a similar boat I'm pre-op and desperately hoping that once I lose the weight we will have a little mini me

@@lici@@cancer91vsg

Good luck to both of you! Keep us posted on your WLS and getting preggers :)

While I wish you didn't all have to be in this discussion for these reasons, it's nice to know I'm not alone. Elizabeth, I've been there as well. Hopefully the new year will bring good news and health for all of us.

Edited by jennb1229

Hope this isn't too much of a "necro" (raising the thread from the dead, lol), just wanted to say I'm in the same boat, having surgery to lose weight to get pregnant. I'm 38 and have no children, been married 16 years. PCOS sucks :( Good luck and baby dust to all of us!

Nice to know I'm not alone on this subject. Same for me. Been trying for years to get pregnant but nothing has happened (except for one miscarriage 2 years ago). Doctors keep telling me to lose weight. I hope to lose weight and become pregnant by the same time next year. I have my surgery schedule on May 2nd of this year.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

mine's May 16 :)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App