Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, My name is Dawn and I had a RNY on 16/06/2015 with Mr. Michael Hii at the Royal Melbourne Hospital.

To cut a long story short I am a long time large volume GERD sufferer. I had 3 Nissen Fundopication operations with Mr. Peter Nottle. They all failed. The last one big time. I therefore ended up with no option but the RNY. I was 76.6 kgs before surgery and 62.2 kgs now..

I still have my good days and bad days. I found I can and do throw up sometimes to often

look forward to sharing with you all

Dawn

Albury NSW Australia

Welcome and let us know if we can be of any help. Here is a short article about my experiences with RNY surgery. http://www.breadandbutterscience.com/Surgery.pdf The reason why you are throwing up is probably not GERD related but rather it is called dumping syndrome. Your stomach is now smaller and will hold only so much food. When you exceed that volume, first you will sense that the taste of food no longer seems enjoyable. Then if you go beyond that early warning and eat a little more, vomiting may result. It's part of a normal learning curve.

Hi Dawn, hope your still using the forum. I'm having my surgery in Early March in Brisbane and would value some Aussie support. You could help me with Brand names and would be good to talk in KGs and grams. Hope to hear from you and hope all is going well.

Hello

I too find it difficult with ittle or no Aussie support around, especially with food supplies and weights. would be happy to help where I can..

Hope your well

Dawn

Thanks for the reply, the m just starting my 2 week pre op diet. Optifast 2 Meal Replacements day an 1 small low carb meal. Cut the caffeine last week. Were you able to go back to coffee? My weight is 90kg. Much higher before the band. Dr says to expect to sit around 78 but that isn't even within my BMI healthy weight. I think I can do better than that. Main goal is to fix the GERD and hopefully relieve the back and foot pain. I haven't seen sugar free Popsicles which I think might be good post op. Do you know of any brands. What things did you find helpful?

Hi my name is Marie and I'm currently on week four of a six week pre-op diet. I'm due to have a mini gastric bypass on 11th March. Hoping I can join this conversation as it is the only active Australian forum.

justright66 I have also looked for sugar free popsicles but unfortunately cannot find them either. I live in Adelaide

Adelaide2016, welcome to the forums. Always good to see other Adelaidians on here. Which surgeon are you going with?

Marie

electricwingtips thanks for that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

G.D'Onofrio

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

Hi, My name is Dawn and I had a RNY on 16/06/2015 with Mr. Michael Hii at the Royal Melbourne Hospital.

To cut a long story short I am a long time large volume GERD sufferer. I had 3 Nissen Fundopication operations with Mr. Peter Nottle. They all failed. The last one big time. I therefore ended up with no option but the RNY. I was 76.6 kgs before surgery and 62.2 kgs now..

I still have my good days and bad days. I found I can and do throw up sometimes to often

Dawn

Albury NSW Australia

Hi Dawn I'm also going to see Dr Hii. I'm getting a revision from failed band to mini bypass. I live around half an hour from you, would love to hear your experiences.

Sent from my SM-G900I using the BariatricPal App

Dawn

Albury NSW Australia

Hi Dawn I'm also going to see Dr Hii. I'm getting a revision from failed band to mini bypass. I live around half an hour from you, would love to hear your experiences.

Hello, good to hear from you.. you are not that far away. Mr Hii is a wonderful surgeon.

I am again suffering GERD and I had a gastroscopy Monday, performed by Dr Adam Cichowitz in Wangaratta. I have another hiatus hernia and severe reflux esophagitis.. I see Dr Cichowitz on the 5th of r he next move for me. I am taking Nexium and it is not helping..

Dawn

Dawn

Albury NSW Australia

Hello, good to hear from you.. you are not that far away. Mr Hii is a wonderful surgeon.

I am again suffering GERD and I had a gastroscopy Monday, performed by Dr Adam Cichowitz in Wangaratta. I have another hiatus hernia and severe reflux esophagitis.. I see Dr Cichowitz on the 5th of r he next move for me. I am taking Nexium and it is not helping..

Dawn

Oh no you poor thing hope they can get it sorted soon.

Do you have much restriction?