Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band Fills / Adjustment Info

Absolutely, they shouldn't just guess at it, besides you need a flouro to make sure you didn't get filled too much because sometimes they have to

take some back out if you don't swallow the chalky stuff down very gook.

Ihave the Inamed 9.75 cm (5cc balloon size) I dont see it mentioned when everyone is talking about their band. I hear about the 4cc or 10cc. Anyone know if i have an oddball size. :help:

Julier..........I have the same one my sets kind of low almost to my waist

which I think is odd but maybe I have an odd body to go along with it.

Anniemay

I have been very inpressed with a company called fill centers USA. They

are very helpful in finding me a provider where ever I am at. They have

wonderful people to work with you. check out there web site

www.fillcentersusa.com or give them a call at 866-345-5872. I would

recommend them to anyone. They even sent me a book that is very helpful

with alot of differnt question I was having.:clap2:

:DHow is everyone. I just got down to 126 and Im so excited. I wanted to see how everyone else is doing. I love my band so much it has saved my life in so many wyas. Hope everything is going good for everyone.

Wow. That is some good information about adjustments. I think that if everyone were to take that information to heart, it would be much easier to take off the pounds. Thanks for posting that information Penni!

Rhonda,

My Dr charges $119/fill. I guess you could call the office and they will tell you upfront.

Best of luck!

Pam:clap2:

I want to thank whomever it was who told all of us here in TN about a dr named Houston. I have just scheduled an appt. with them. They are charging an upfront fee, but it isn't like Dr Ray here in Maryville where I live. I am very angry about the fact that they want 1500. yes, 1500. upfront before they will even see you! That is like going to a dentist with a filling that fell out and having the dentist say, well, I didn't fill it so I will need 1500 upfront then another 500 to fix it! Again, thank you to the person who recommended Dr. Houston

The dr. I go to in College Station, Texas charges $200 and that's with a

flouroscope and she has had the procedure too, so I trust her!

Anniemay

I was banded in May 2006 and have had 3 or 4 fills and I still don't feel them. Now more than 6 months later I have gained weight instead of lost it. I think that it is almost time to remove this forgeing boby from my stomach and pray to for help I need to lose weight because this certainly was no help to me.

Sincerely,

Donna:mad: :cry

p.s. I don't know how to adjust that little ticker tape thing it is wrong.

DonnaGT: I just read your post and it worries me. I am sorry it hasn't worked out for you and I'm worried that I will have a similar result. I don't feel any restriction after 2 fills. I had very little restriction after the swelling from surgery. Then I had my first fill and felt a tiny bit of restriction at first. Not long after that I felt none so I got a second fill. After that I have been hungry and have felt no restriction at all. I'm scheduled for a 3rd fill tomorrow. I am really worried that this "tool" just isn't going to be the tool I need to get the job done.

I realize that we have to work at this and that we really have to concentrate on eating correctly in order to lose weight. But without the band I would have to do the same thing. So why get the band if it isn't going to help with my resolve and with hunger?

I hope things get better for both of us. I was incredibly excited when I began to lose weight after surgery. I will be incredibly disappointed if I can't get it to work for me and lose all the weight I need to get rid of.

Good luck to you!

BJean,

I appreciate you taking your time to let me know I am not alone here. I lost 28lbs and then gained it all back and more. SO I am really feeling blue about this surgery. I agree with everything you said and I would never reccomend it to anyone. If I could diet before I wouldn't have need this surgery.

SO sorry you are having the same problems.

Good Luck with your next fill.

Donna

Thanks Donna. It is good to hear from someone who needs help too. I hope you get it and things get right with the band for you. I'm not giving up yet!!