Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

50 lbs lost in first 5 months, then stalled for past 10 months

I had my surgery at 290 lbs in Mexico July 3rd 2014.

No complications, no issues.

I lost weight slowly, but steadily for about 5 months going down to 240 lbs.

I'm stuck. I've been here despite what I eat. I mean it, I've had days of eating all cupcakes (being sarcastic) to days of having nothing but Water and Protein Shakes and the scales do no budge. Heck I've put the scales up. I've increased exercise/decreased exercise. I've gone heavy Protein, low carb/low fat. I've increased/decreased calories. I've logged every bite to not logging at all. I've done everything I can to switch it up.

But i'm stuck at 240. It's almost comical.

I have another 60 lbs to go!!!!

This isn't even something you can technically call a stall anymore. I had my surgery in mexico and do check in time to time with my surgeon and nutritionist who say just go back to the basics with shakes and such to jump start it. Apple a day kick start plan. water and steak day.... I've tried it all. Is there anyone else out there like me who it just STOPPED????

I can at least say, I've not gained one pound. Ever... since surgery. But now i'm just not moving at all. And no, it's not my thyroid.

How many calories do you typically eat a day. What is your average daily Protein intake? Do you work out?

What is your Protein target?

Do you track your food?

Are you reaching your Protein and Fluid goals every day (at least 64 oz water/fluid)?

Are you taking the recommended Vitamins and supplements?

Do you exercise regularly?

Have you talked to a NUT?

Are you having your blood work monitored?

Either you are on a very long stall or you are in maintenance. If you want to continue to lose, then you need to assess what you are doing.

Speak with your nutritionist, find a level that is healthy for you and stick to that. It sounds like the frequently changing up is confusing your body.

Have you had a physical recently? Blood work?

It basically sounds like you are in maintenance, and to change that you need substantially decrease your calorie intake over the long term from what you have been doing. Some people can get away with losing on 1200 calories or more per day (and some plans reflect that and use that as their basis - these plans tend to have a lot of early maintainers in them as 1200 calories is a common maintenance level for many patients, particularly women. Other plans that show better success limit themselves to the 6-800 calorie range, but even those are not enough for a few outliers for whom that is a maintenance level.

The various things that you have been trying are minor tweaks that have little long term impact on weight loss and mostly show up as minor ups and downs via Water retention and release.

When you have logged/tracked, what has been your average calorie level? That will give you the best clue as to what your metabolism really is despite what various online calculators, etc. say that it should be, and where you need to go from here.