Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Removal of thigh skin

Totally off your topic but CONGRATULATIONS on your loss!!!

No, but boy can I relate! My legs are getting skinnier all the time but the loose skin on my thighs and by my knees sure is ugly!

I would love to horde in on the responses you get.bcongratulations on a great job!

Thank you! I haven't found a lot of people who have gotten it done so I'm so interested to hear from people. It seems tummy tucks and arm skin removal are the popular ones. By next summer I 100% want the sagging skin in my inner thighs gone!

I'll deal with the stomach and arms through weight training and possibly surgery again but the focus are these thighs!

I thought that with a "full" Tummy Tuck that they do actually pull up thigh skin...?

I thought that that is actually part of the tuck.

I'm also waiting to see if someone will respond that has had thigh tuck done. I know that when I lost a lot of weight many years ago that I still had really loose inner thigh skin and it was also loose around the inside of my knees. Could never wear short shorts, always wore board shorts.

Oh well I guess I'll be expecting that again but I except that!

I recently had the 360 abdominoplasty and this consisted of the Tummy Tuck (10 inches of skin off the front), thigh lift (about 8 inches from the sides lifting the thighs some) and buttock lift (again about 8 inches). This lifted the thighs around the outside but more of the skin is removed from the abdominal area. I was expecting more of a lifting contour of my thighs but haven't seen much change (though I am 1 month post surgery)

This did nothing for the saggy skin on the inner thighs.

I had an inner thigh lift in 2011

It was the hardest (for me) of all of them I had - When I first stood up it was very painful - BUT - The moment I got in to my compression garment - Like 30 minutes later - All pain was gone and I felt fine again!

This one I had but in black = http://showcase.designveronique.com/designveronique/zippered-above-knee-girdle.html

Something I did not know before that I obviously do now - Is that when they do the inner thigh lift they do like anchoring to the fascia, info on that here = http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3399559 Which apparently anchors the skin UP and stops it falling....

In saying that one of the sides is not as UP as the other and I really should have gone back and had it fixed, he did offer - But I was so freaked out after the only Op that really hurt that I said no - I do wish now all these years on that I had actually said yes but - It's no biggie and it (The scar line that would be in groin groove) is only a little lower than the other leg and would only show if I ran around in a bikini flinging my legs all over the place I guess, lol.

Edited by Scamp

I had an inner thigh lift in 2011

It was the hardest (for me) of all of them I had - When I first stood up it was very painful - BUT - The moment I got in to my compression garment - Like 30 minutes later - All pain was gone and I felt fine again!

This one I had but in black = http://showcase.designveronique.com/designveronique/zippered-above-knee-girdle.html

Something I did not know before that I obviously do now - Is that when they do the inner thigh lift they do like anchoring to the fascia, info on that here = http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3399559 Which apparently anchors the skin UP and stops it falling....

In saying that one of the sides is not as UP as the other and I really should have gone back and had it fixed, he did offer - But I was so freaked out after the only Op that really hurt that I said no - I do wish now all these years on that I had actually said yes but - It's no biggie and it (The scar line that would be in groin groove) is only a little lower than the other leg and would only show if I ran around in a bikini flinging my legs all over the place I guess, lol.

Thanks for sharing. Just so I'm clear, the inner thigh lift is different from thigh skin removal, correct?

I wouldn't want my skin lifted I would like it removed if I can. But obviously I'll do more research on the procedures.

I think the inner thigh lift is the most common procedure for removing thigh laxity and skin excess - It lifts and removes the skin that is in inner thighs (Like drawing a line from groin to inside of knee - though some of them do a shorter incision not as far down as the knee)

Like - Back then if I lay on my side and lifted one leg up a bit - The skin would still touch the opposite leg...

I think the inner thigh lift is the most common procedure for removing thigh laxity and skin excess - It lifts and removes the skin that is in inner thighs (Like drawing a line from groin to inside of knee - though some of them do a shorter incision not as far down as the knee)

Like - Back then if I lay on my side and lifted one leg up a bit - The skin would still touch the opposite leg...

Yes then by that definition I am looking for the inner thigh lift.

Before...

010910-0004_zpsowc9vchu.jpg

After...

190511-01_zpsuxjyua3s.jpg

Sorry they are so fuzzy - My old camera back then was horrid....

And as I said the scar runs down inner thigh....

140611-03_zpsgyc0vsxy.jpg

I must admit it didn't do all that I thought it would - But I guess you cannot have it too tight in there if you ever wanna be able to move your legs normally again - LOL

Edited by Scamp

Yeah a Tummy Tuck won't do anything for the thigh skin, even an extended TT. A 360 gives you a bit of a lift on the outer thighs. You need a thigh lift for the inner thigh skin removal. You can do a "small" or "long" one. The long removes more skin but leaves a scar all the way to the knee.

I did everything BUT the thigh lift of the things I wanted done. I may go back and do that eventually, but for now I'm good.

I had the vertical thigh lift. My legs were awful. Now they are not perfect, but so much better. I don't

have to wear Shapewear to hide all the wrinkles/puddles/bulges anymore. It was worth the trade-off for the scar, hand down. It's been 10 months, and I think I need a little tweaking, but the scars have faded far better than any of my other plastic surgery scars.