Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Went for my year two follow up since the hip replacements this morning and NYU has a system that tracks all your appointments and test results, etc. in a single system. They use both a photo and a palm print to confirm you in the system and today, the woman at the desk looks long and hard at my photo (taken prior to WLS) and asks me if I'd like a new picture taken. I was pleased as punch and put a big smile on my face as an updated picture is now part of my data profile.

Next on the list...my driver's licence and my passport. I always get that hard stare from the male TSA agents...and the comments from the female agents about how I look great now. Not that I mind the comments but I'd like to move past the stares and comments now that I'm nearly three years post banded.

Have a great weekend everybody!

What a joyful NSV!

Not that I mind the comments but I'd like to move past the stares and comments now that I'm nearly three years post banded.

Have a great weekend everybody!

To paraphrase Oscar Wilde, the only thing worse than being stared at is not being stared at.

Enjoy this latest NSV.

Laurie

This statement bothers me.

"I always get that hard stare from the male TSA agents...and the comments from the female agents about how I look great now."

You always looked great. Your weight big or small doesn't define who you are and you might look "better" now because you are healthy, pain free (mostly because lord knows living can give us a few pings and pangs now and then) and happy!! A smile always increases your face value as Dolly Parton said.

Love ya my friend keep on smiling in all your photo's no matter what!

Excellent NSV! I can't wait for the day when I'll have to get a new picture for my work ID badge. Still got a ways to go though.

Congrats!

Nice to get a new pic for your license... They seem to have better ( digital?) cameras.

I finally got a decent pic that doesn't look like a mug shot... So glad to get rid of the last big pic a few years ago

Hope your new pic is flattering... I take mine out a lot... Bank. Airports..

Hotels. It is nice when it is pleasant.

Cheese!

What a wild way to be reminded of your great changes.

You had me reaching for my wallet to check on my various id. They'll be some due in a few months. I'm sure I'll be smiling in the photos bigtime.

I go to NYU also. I was banded on November 20th by dr. Shwack. Who did you use go walking ?

Dr. Ren did my surgery.

@ go walking. Wow same practice. Have you found the Wednesday support group helpful? I've never been

I never went to any of the support groups. I'm on this site and two years ago I started therapy due to several issues related to the weight loss.