Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TT scars what's typical

I'm scheduled for an abdominoplasy so with great advise here I went to real self to look at pics. Now I'm even more stressed because I scrolled through a bunch of pics and don't see anyone with a scar vertically down the center of their stomach. Is it atypical to have that scar in addition to the one horizontally? Seems so. Does anyone here know the answer?

My scar is hip-to-hip.

Happy to now be on this thread....I'm scheduled for this surgery on Feb 8....I'm 62 years old and although my stomach doesn't hang over, it really bothers me. I'm not having a vertical incision, only a horizontal one...but I'm happy to know about the tape...I'm assuming you also wore the compression garment? For how long may I ask?

Yes I also wore the design veronique compression garment for the whole time - Kind of felt like my protective armour. lol

When you have the hip to hip it's easier to keep the tape put - As you can go round you in one circle and overlap the ends.....

:-)

When you say you wore it the whole time....how long did you have to wear it?

Following

I know lots of people wore theirs a very long time so you will get various answers but I only wore my binder for six weeks. The doctor said I was done and I did scar treatments and my scars are wonderful and I just didn't feel I needed the support anymore.

Wow, thanks for the positive wonderful post Jess! What is a scar treatment? I would love to know.

Wow, thanks for the positive wonderful post Jess! What is a scar treatment? I would love to know.

I did embrace scar therapy it's a patented system that removes the tension from the incision. It's pricey but they have clinical research to back it up and I was really impressed with the results.

My answer is - I wore mine 24/7 (well apart from showering etc)

I think the Embrace stuff looks great. But as I didn't know about that back then I just used the paper tape that I believe supported the scar whilst it healed so it was more supported and I know as I only did this for Op3, 4 and 5 - That the scars after I kept the tape on are much finer etc

My scar is horizontal only, but all the way around since I had a 360 lift. I wore the binder a couple of weeks, I think. I didn't put anything on my scars and they are mostly invisible at about 14 months postop. I have a couple of areas in the back that separated and took months to heal, and those areas are red and wide.

Hello, I wanted to post an update.

I was originally scheduled to have surgery on 11/11. I cancelled it. It was such a hard decision for me because I was hung up on the date as 11 is my number. I see it everywhere. So I thought it was a sign to go with that doc. That's a whole other story.

Anyway I chose to go with another doc. I hope I've made the right decision. My original surgery for an abdominoplasty and thigh lift was costing the same price I'm paying for just the abdominoplasty. I feel like if I don't do my legs I'll still never be able to wear a bathing suit. So I still struggle with my decision but at this point it is what it is.

My surgery is scheduled for Dec. 21. I'm excited and apprehensive.

I appreciate scamp and all the help from others. I will definitely get the tape and use it.

Does the abdominoplasty help the leg area at all? Any lift? Maybe I'm just hoping against hope the answer is yes. Although I'm sure I may be fooling myself. I only have the very top part of my legs that are bad. Not sure if I'll ever be able to have another surgery financially so this may be it for me.

Hello, I wanted to post an update.

I was originally scheduled to have surgery on 11/11. I cancelled it. It was such a hard decision for me because I was hung up on the date as 11 is my number. I see it everywhere. So I thought it was a sign to go with that doc. That's a whole other story.

Anyway I chose to go with another doc. I hope I've made the right decision. My original surgery for an abdominoplasty and thigh lift was costing the same price I'm paying for just the abdominoplasty. I feel like if I don't do my legs I'll still never be able to wear a bathing suit. So I still struggle with my decision but at this point it is what it is.

My surgery is scheduled for Dec. 21. I'm excited and apprehensive.

I appreciate scamp and all the help from others. I will definitely get the tape and use it.

Does the abdominoplasty help the leg area at all? Any lift? Maybe I'm just hoping against hope the answer is yes. Although I'm sure I may be fooling myself. I only have the very top part of my legs that are bad. Not sure if I'll ever be able to have another surgery financially so this may be it for me.

I wish I could tell you yes but in my experience no. My thighs are the same as they ever were. I still rock a bikini though!

I had the 360, and that does provide some lift to the outer thighs. No help for the inner thighs, though. I had a vertical thigh lift, and that helped a lot. My legs were just awful, and while they are immensely better, they are still far from great. I still rock a bikini, anyway!

So happy to hear you still rock a bikini!!! Looks like I'll never get to wear one ???? I work out so hard everyday it's a bummer to have all this extra skin. Oh well. Thanks for your honesty.

So happy to hear you still rock a bikini!!! Looks like I'll never get to wear one ???? I work out so hard everyday it's a bummer to have all this extra skin. Oh well. Thanks for your honesty.

I think you're missing what we are saying (or at least what I am saying). I'm saying my thighs still have a lot of lose skin, but I wear a bikini ANYWAY. And with the Tummy Tuck I look pretty dang good. Especially for my age.

No ones body is perfect. Look next time you go to the pool/beach/lake and you will be surprised who confidently wears a bikini!