Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Third week after surgery anyone out there same boat

Hey everyone my name is Lizzy I am in my third week after surgery.

So excited that its been three weeks and I just started to eat but I find it a struggle to eat.

The thing is I am always hungry and after three bites at most I AM full.

Never in my life did I think that could happen to me lol.

Is anyone else feeling like this ?

I would love to get any feedback.

Edited by transporter85

I am in my fourth week after surgery and I too am still hungry. I am able to eat about 1/3 a cup of food max at a time and then 3-4 hours later, I am hungry again and I have been eating again because my stomach hurts and I feel weak. If I wait too long between eating something, I am so hungry that I tend to eat too fast and then my new stomach lets me know on no uncertain terms is that acceptable! I've still continued to lose weight and when I told the doctor I was doing this over the last week, he didn't seem concerned. I am making sure that Protein is what I am eating and my overall calories per day is a total of 700 to 800.

Most of the posts I have seen the doctors suggest they eat only 3 times a day so what I am doing may not be the correct way of doing it but it is working best for me.

For my weight loss journey I do not weigh every day but approximately once a week. I am in it for the long haul so if I lose weight slower than most, I am ok with that because it is a journey , not a sprint for me.

Every day is a new adventure as I'm not sure what will happen next. I'm sure things will stabilize at some point, but for now I try to listen to my body and do what makes sense for me. I am keeping my carbs below 50 grams per day (usually less) because I am worried that if I have any carbs only food and it goes well, I might keep going with them and then this surgery will be for not! I still have the head hunger for carbs that i fight every day. Hoping that goes away at some point.

Hi transporter85.......you cutie you! You are doing great. Right now it's all a mind game. Stay focused on getting Protein. After my surgery I switch to 5 mini meals a day. Or every 2-3 hours, just make sure it is protein. I would have a little cream of wheat for Breakfast, a Protein Drink next, a small bite for lunch, protein for afternoon, then dinner. Don't worry about eating food....get some protein pudding...water.....etc. you got this Lizzie!!

I am six weeks post-op and do eat in a similar fashion. My surgeon, my NUT and my PCP tell me it is better for me to be in the habit of eating Protein dense foods throughout the day than to try to lump all my needs into three meals.

I get between 50-60 grams of Protein in a day and between 600-800 calories in daily. I seem to be losing and I agree with the idea that this journey is not a sprint. I am too totally comfortable with losing the weight slower than maybe average. I feel confident in my personal plan and it is nice to hear that someone else is on the same page.

@@transporter85 I was two weeks out and thought I would never get to a normal place with food. I thought it would always be a demanding chore that may or may not end in some sort of punishment. It gets better and when it does the chore becomes staying the course with good eating habits.

I am in my fourth week after surgery and I too am still hungry. I am able to eat about 1/3 a cup of food max at a time and then 3-4 hours later, I am hungry again and I have been eating again because my stomach hurts and I feel weak. If I wait too long between eating something, I am so hungry that I tend to eat too fast and then my new stomach lets me know on no uncertain terms is that acceptable! I've still continued to lose weight and when I told the doctor I was doing this over the last week, he didn't seem concerned. I am making sure that protein is what I am eating and my overall calories per day is a total of 700 to 800.

Most of the posts I have seen the doctors suggest they eat only 3 times a day so what I am doing may not be the correct way of doing it but it is working best for me.

For my weight loss journey I do not weigh every day but approximately once a week. I am in it for the long haul so if I lose weight slower than most, I am ok with that because it is a journey , not a sprint for me.

Every day is a new adventure as I'm not sure what will happen next. I'm sure things will stabilize at some point, but for now I try to listen to my body and do what makes sense for me. I am keeping my carbs below 50 grams per day (usually less) because I am worried that if I have any carbs only food and it goes well, I might keep going with them and then this surgery will be for not! I still have the head hunger for carbs that i fight every day. Hoping that goes away at some point.

Hi transporter85.......you cutie you! You are doing great. Right now it's all a mind game. Stay focused on getting Protein. After my surgery I switch to 5 mini meals a day. Or every 2-3 hours, just make sure it is Protein. I would have a little cream of wheat for breakfast, a protein drink next, a small bite for lunch, protein for afternoon, then dinner. Don't worry about eating food....get some protein pudding...water.....etc. you got this Lizzie!!

Diana :)

Yeah I am going to make tomorrow oatmeal with some Protein powder and been eating fish and have a weird craving for sweet potatoes.

So I had like two baby slices and oh was I a happy camper. Would you have only one meal a day ?

Thanks for being awesome you are so supportive xoxoxoxoxox

I am six weeks post-op and do eat in a similar fashion. My surgeon, my NUT and my PCP tell me it is better for me to be in the habit of eating Protein dense foods throughout the day than to try to lump all my needs into three meals.

I get between 50-60 grams of Protein in a day and between 600-800 calories in daily. I seem to be losing and I agree with the idea that this journey is not a sprint. I am too totally comfortable with losing the weight slower than maybe average. I feel confident in my personal plan and it is nice to hear that someone else is on the same page.

@@transporter85 I was two weeks out and thought I would never get to a normal place with food. I thought it would always be a demanding chore that may or may not end in some sort of punishment. It gets better and when it does the chore becomes staying the course with good eating habits.

I am in my fourth week after surgery and I too am still hungry. I am able to eat about 1/3 a cup of food max at a time and then 3-4 hours later, I am hungry again and I have been eating again because my stomach hurts and I feel weak. If I wait too long between eating something, I am so hungry that I tend to eat too fast and then my new stomach lets me know on no uncertain terms is that acceptable! I've still continued to lose weight and when I told the doctor I was doing this over the last week, he didn't seem concerned. I am making sure that protein is what I am eating and my overall calories per day is a total of 700 to 800.

Thanks for the support, it sometimes scares me to eat , but yet I am craving it. I have been keeping a journal of my food.

Me and you started at the same starting weight and I agree that its better to lose the weight slowly than fast.

I am in my fourth week after surgery and I too am still hungry. I am able to eat about 1/3 a cup of food max at a time and then 3-4 hours later, I am hungry again and I have been eating again because my stomach hurts and I feel weak. If I wait too long between eating something, I am so hungry that I tend to eat too fast and then my new stomach lets me know on no uncertain terms is that acceptable! I've still continued to lose weight and when I told the doctor I was doing this over the last week, he didn't seem concerned. I am making sure that Protein is what I am eating and my overall calories per day is a total of 700 to 800.

Carbs is a daily struggle for me, cause that is what I would eat on a daily basis. I think my downfall was pizza, but now I crave sweet potato with cinnamon in the oven.

I agree with you I am in in for the long haul as well, and just as long as we are losing that is the most important thing.

You are doing a great job :)

I am also in my fourth week (sleeve) I had today 1/2 slice of turkey with a liver of Swiss cheese and a lettuce bit. And chew it well And i tolerated it well. I am not loosing much and I I have no more than 500 to 550 calories a day. Anyone else having this problem?