Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 10th Surgery Date!

Thanks so much for the encouraging words!

Do you really wake up and are not hungry after surgery? I just dont know what that feels like and am so worried I won't be successful. Can you tell me what your experience has been like so far and anything that you read or did that was useful and might help me?

How are you doing 6 months out?

Congratulations to you as well!!

Sarah

I was surprised that I wasn't hungry after surgery, but I rarely am (although I will note that I thought I was very hungry for a few weeks afterwards, but it turns out it was extra acid and once I started a PPI it stopped). I was also worried I would not be successful, I think that is normal for many of us as the reason we are getting WLS is that we have not been successful in the past. I personally believe that the emotional work with this surgery is just as hard (or harder) than the physical and eating changes, so I have been doing a lot of work to support my sleeve such as addressing my feelings about food, my body and giving myself compassion during this journey.

Thanks for asking, I am well overall - down 125 from my highest yet still so far to go. I had my gallbladder out last week because I lost weight so quickly it went bad (my terms, my surgeon was more technical) so please don't take any GB symptoms lightly as I did because then I was admitted to the hospital for my stubbornness.

I think the biggest thing I have learned it to trust this process...you will have stalls, you will have days when you eat more than others and may have days that you wish you had made other choices, but keep coming back to the basics as much as possible: get your Protein in first, drink as many fluids as you can, track your intake, move your body and be kind to yourself, those are my suggestions. I know they sound basic, but when I get back to basics I have found I am most successful - especially when I am struggling with the scale not moving or emotion swings (common after surgery).

Good luck, feel free to let me know if you have any questions!

Hi there,

I just got a surgery date of November 10th. I am very excited but nervous as well. Was wondering if anyone else was having surgery on or around that date? Maybe we could support each other through the pre op diet and the rest of this journey?

Cheers!

I will be having surgery Nov 9th, i would love to support each other thru this journey

Hello there!

I too have a surgery date, finally..... of November 10, 2015! Im so excited, I feel like I have been waiting forever!!!!

Just got my date this week. 11/9

It will be cool to share this experience with people that are in the same place!

Thanks so much @@butterfly23 for sharing your experience. It makes me feel so much better to know what I am feeling is what you felt prior to surgery. Seems like you are recovering very well and getting the swing of things! Congratulations :)

Hey @@all4him and @@aprilarnetta!

That would be great to support one another and go through this together as our surgeries are so close. I plan on starting a preop diet next Tuesday. Have you guys already started or are you starting 2 weeks before surgery?

Where are you guys having your surgery?

I am so excited for my new beginning!!! :)

Mine is November 9th. I start my pre-op diet on Monday. I was originally scheduled for 9/24 but was full of ulcers so it was postponed. However, I have tried to stick to a 2-shake diet per day with one sensible meal. I wanted to be as prepared as possible for my full liquids diet starting Monday. My surgery is in NYC. I'm so excited!!

That would be great to support one another and go through this together as our surgeries are so close. I plan on starting a preop diet next Tuesday. Have you guys already started or are you starting 2 weeks before surgery?

@mkot @@Mom26 My surgery is going to be in charlotte, nc. I start my liquid diet on Tuesday! Im super excited!!!! I cant wait, and I would love to keep in touch with you guys, we can do this together!!!! :-)

@mkot @@Mom26 My surgery is going to be in charlotte, nc. I start my liquid diet on Tuesday! Im super excited!!!! I cant wait, and I would love to keep in touch with you guys, we can do this together!!!! :-)

I also live in Charlotte, NC and will have surgery Nov. 9th. We should keep in touch !

. Only my husband and my sister know that I am doing this. My children don't know yet that I am having surgery. I decided not to tell my other siblings and my parents as I know they would be unsupportive about this and cast judgment and I don't need that right now. I need only positive energy! how have your family and friends been about it? Have they been supportive if you told them?

Do you guys have to travel for your surgery or is it in your home area?

Edited by mokt