Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein shakes

Pure Protein, Walmart has them. I like muscle milk too. otherwise I make my own with Protein powder EAS brand and some almond milk with fruit and ice.

I was banded Wednesday, so I am day 4 post-op. I had heard the wonders of powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury, so I have a entire selection of their powders I've been trying. Sad to say, I just don't like them. To me, it gives everything a subtle rotten egg taste. Now that I've been looking at it this morning, it looks like they use an egg Protein, which is where that taste is probably coming from. The Unjury powders also don't seem to make a very thick Protein shake. I thought it was kinda runny. I'm totally bummed about it and am Googling my heart out this morning to find some other options. Unjury seemed to be such a high-quality product and I had liked that components weren't from China. ** sigh **

I will say, however, Unjury's opurity Band-optimized chewable Multivitamin is very pleasant.

I'm drinking an EAS AdvantEDGE chocolate Fudge shake at the moment. It's alright, but I'd wanted to locate a Protein Powder so I could use real milk.

Anybody else have other suggestions?

Yeah I'm not a fan of unjury either but I bought it so I'm going to drink it.

I was told I can't do Premiere Protein (which I like) on my pre op diet because it has too much Protein so I'm trying others. Not having much success.

Someone on here suggested I thin them out to avoid getting too much protein. I may do that if my NUT agrees.

I mean it's not fair to find one you like and then can't use. :(

@Tssiemer1... too much Protein? I haven't heard of that before. Can you tell me about it?

I just ordered some Isopure Perfect Zero Mint chocolate Chip Protein powder from Amazon.com. In my mind it will taste like my favorite ice cream. In reality, I'll probably be disappointed. Just couldn't help myself!

Premier protien. I have strawberry and cream under 19.00 at SAMs wholesale for a 12 pack of pre mixed. chocolate and vanilla are under 16.00 for a 12 pack of premixed. I found the premixed is mug better then the powder.

My NUT wants me to drink 5 shakes a day and each shake has 30g of Protein. She told me not to go over 110 g. It can damage my kidneys even more than they already are.

Sorry I did not know. I was told 120 g a day. So 4 will be my limit.

So, I just tried the unjury chicken Soup Flavor and it doesn't seem to have the unpleasant egg taste that was bothering me with their chocolate Splendor and Unflavored powders. I mixed 1 single-serve packet of Unjury chicken Soup Flavor (equivalent to 1 scoop) in 8 oz Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup (strained) and am sipping it out of my travel mug.

I appreciate the update on the "too much protein" scenario! That completely makes sense about over-stressing the kidneys. Thanks for the education! :)

I am naming this morning's Protein shake "Almond Joy." I mixed 1 scoop Isopure Low Carb Dutch chocolate Protein powder with 6 oz Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk Coconutmilk Blend. You lose some of the Protein vs. mixing it with skim milk, but the flavor was quite festive! It was still 25 g protein. Almond Breeze is in the refrigerated "healthy" dairy section of the grocery store... where they sell Horizon milk, Yo Baby yogurt, tofu, etc. The Vitamin Shoppe has 1 lb bags of Isopure, so you don't have to commit to a whole 3 lb tub.

We use the Premier Protien 100% whey in powder form. We get the bags at costco.

My wife and I have been having a shake for Breakfast for the last two years. The bag lasts about 2-3 months.

That time frame will shrink once I have my surgery but so be it.

We mix it with milk amd have found that making them the night before tastes better.

I make mine with a scoop and a half, she does one scoop and then a half scoop of Ovaltine. Both chocolate flavored.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using the BariatricPal App