Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Clear protein shakes?

Undoubtedly, this will be one of the dumbest questions on the board, but the light isn't going on for me.

I'm starting the pre-op diet in 9 days (and by sheer coincidence, have 9 Bagels in my freezer). My instructions say clear Protein Shakes only for pre-op. Then for post-op, the instructions simply say Protein shakes. Can someone point out the difference and give examples of each that are available in stores or online?

Thanks!

Glenn.

Clear Protein shakes: drinks.html" rel="external nofollow">Isopure NoCarb, whey juice, Cytosport. Traditional Protein shakes are powder or RTD look for brands such as Isopure, Premiere Protein, Syntrax nectar, Orgain Organics, etc... they are either premixed or powder form that can be mixed with milk of choice or Water.

If you are looking for clear savory beverage. Unflavored Protein Powder can be mixed with clear broths or Soups. Isopure, GENEPRO, powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury and Syntrax make an unflavored version. Your local GNC or Vitamin shop may also have a variety of unflavored whey isolate powders.< /p>

This is great info! We have a Meal Replacement drink that we love but it falls short on the Proteins end I am going to look in to these to add to it!

I'm still not getting it, but I'll go by specific recommendations.

I ordered the starter pack from unjury. Do those drinks meet the criteria.

As far as Isopure, is this an example of what is being referred to? I'm gonna need a whole bunch of drinks for 2 weeks, so I'd appreciate as many recommendations as possible.

Thanks to everyone.

I'm still not getting it, but I'll go by specific recommendations.

I ordered the starter pack from unjury. Do those drinks meet the criteria.

As far as Isopure, is this an example of what is being referred to? I'm gonna need a whole bunch of drinks for 2 weeks, so I'd appreciate as many recommendations as possible.

Thanks to everyone.

It's easy clear is anything you can see through. The others are more milkshake like. The Unjury sampler is a good way to see what flavors you like and dislike. The link you provided is the unflavored. When adding it to Soup, never add it directly to heat. It will clump. I dissolve it in a tbsp or less of Water until it's smooth, then slowly add it to my Soup.< /p>

I did not have a pre-op diet to follow, but post-op, i had to do Clear liquids for 4 days, and liked Isopure Green Tea Lemon and I am using the Isopure unflavored powder in my low-sodium clear broths (chicken, beef, chicken, miso, etc). I also put the Isopure unflavored powder in my sugar-free Jello. Not bad.

I did not have a pre-op diet to follow, but post-op, i had to do Clear Liquids for 4 days, and liked Isopure Green Tea Lemon and I am using the Isopure unflavored powder in my low-sodium clear broths (chicken, beef, chicken, miso, etc). I also put the Isopure unflavored powder in my sugar-free Jello. Not bad.

How do you put it in Jello? I was considering this but I can't boil it.Oh I see you said powder. I want to make jello with my liquid isopure.

Edited by justme29

I think if you use a nice fruity flavor you can substitute some of the Water in the Jello with the clear Isopure. Sounds yummy!

Odd that they would say 9 days of clears before surgery are you sure the clears aren't for after the surgery????

Edited by pimmar

I need to get a better command of the English language. I had 9, now 8 days before I begin the 2 week pre-op clear liquid diet