Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Homeopathic nausea relief

Well tomorrow is my big day! Sleeve & gall bladder removal surgery at 8:00 am.

I'm wondering if anyone on this board has played around with homeopathic remedies for nausea. I"m not much for pills but I do know that i can expect a great deal of nausea. The dr. has given me two different nausea medications

I have simmering on my stovetop ginger root and Water in a concentrated amount which I'm thinking will be good when added to caffeine free tea. I'm thinking it would be better with honey which has healing properties but my instructions state NO SUGAR of any kind. I'm thinking that the days following surgery i'm going to be taking such small volume that it couldn't hurt.

I am also thinking of adding my ginger root water to broth.< /p>

I have made apple butter with high concentration of clove and allspice, both help with nausea. The apple butter is apples cooked down until very thick, no sugar has been added to this.

I was thinking about making homemade broth but i'm concerned that the cooked veggies will cause bad gas. I am currently using jared chicken base for my liquid diet.< /p>

I'm super scared and cannot wait to put the surgery behind me.

Any helpful hints you have for those first few days after surgery?

I never had any nausea. My doc didn't prescribe any meds for it either.

I didn't have nausea but a friend of mine used lavender sachets to help with pregnancy nausea along with sea sickness bands.

I was released on full liquids and found veggie broth very soothing. It was on my approved list of post op foods.

Stay positive, not everyone has a traumatic recuperation. I didn't have any pain, nausea or gas.

In the hospital I had nausea, and they put meds in my IV.

Once I learned how to use my breathing exercises and how to get myself to burp, the nausea was no longer an issue, so I do not take anything.

I am allowed only liquids right now, so decaffeinated ginger tea is on hand just in case I overdo my liquids and get a wave of nausea.

Oh boy thats good news. I assumed everyone suffered from nausea. Glad to hear that sounds like its not the case.

Thanks

Oh boy thats good news. I assumed everyone suffered from nausea. Glad to hear that sounds like its not the case.

Thanks

They did put a patch behind my ear in the hospital, so that may be why I didn't experience nausea.

Never had gas, nausea or vomiting and never took anything for it. It just didn't happen.

Well I made it through surgery. Pretty rough stuff. I had my gall bladder removed as well and a repair of a hiatel hernia and the sleeve. This occurred on Wednseday and I'm struggling to get through each day. Cut back on pain meds today but nausea and cramping are pretty bad.

I will get through this. food smells bad and thats a good thing. Just keeping on all the meds and walking around my house as much as i can.

I made some ginger root juice and added it to my broth and it seemed to make me feel very good. Just have no volume. I'm a little concerned about getting my Protein in and not becoming dehydrated but i just have no volume.

Thanks to all for your input. For now I will use my ginger juice but will save the cloved apple butter for farther down the line.

Thanks for sharing. I'm up 11/2 for sleeve & hiatal hernia repair. Your feedback helps!

I liked Ginger Lemon tea, and I still use it when I'm feeling a little nauseous, even 7 weeks out.