Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you eat in a day?

Hey guys. So glad I found this forum. I'm entering goal weight and I'm afraid of slipping back into old eating patterns. I'm at a loss of how to eat now. For the last 6 months I've had a severe stricture which made my food choices very limited. It's opening up now and I've been able to eat more, and I need to make sure I set good habits.

1. Breakfast.

I really struggle with this one. Can you give me some low carb, low fat ideas for breakfast? I've been eating Bagels and Cereal which I feel is too high carb.

2. lunch.

I hate smoothies- and I eat out a ton because of my job. Anyone have any great lunch ideas that will keep me satisfied until at least the afternoon?

3. snack

I don't really like snacking but I do get hungry in the afternoon. I've been eating beef Jerky. Any other ideas as to what will keep in my car?

4. dinner.

I'm always at a loss for dinner. What do you eat?

5. Late night snack.

I like to eat before bed although I know I shouldn't. Hopefully I can get some options here besides cereal which is my go to.

Thanks guys!!!!

1. Breakfast.

I really struggle with this one. Can you give me some low carb, low fat ideas for breakfast? I've been eating Bagels and cereal which I feel is too high carb.

I have chicken breast for breakfast almost every day. Greek yogurt is an option that is higher Protein and lower carb than cereal or bagels too.

2. lunch.

I hate smoothies- and I eat out a ton because of my job. Anyone have any great lunch ideas that will keep me satisfied until at least the afternoon?

Some form of lean Protein + green veggies will keep you very satisfied. tuna salad made with chopped green veggies and guacamole or low fat Salad Dressing, for example.

3. Snack

I don't really like snacking but I do get hungry in the afternoon. I've been eating beef Jerky. Any other ideas as to what will keep in my car?

You could do Protein Bars or nuts, but jerky is probably your best option in terms of bang for your caloric buck. Try mixing it up with different kinds of jerky: turkey jerky, salmon jerky, bacon jerky. I buy variety bundles of Ostrim jerky sticks, they have lots of different meats (ostrich jerky, elk jerky) as well as all kinds of different flavors.

4. dinner.

My usual dinner is a couple ounces of fish with an egg poached or baked on top, also some green veggies. Sometimes I add some cheese and/or sauce to bump up the flavor.

5. Late night snack.< br />
I like to eat before bed although I know I shouldn't. Hopefully I can get some options here besides cereal which is my go to.

My usual late night snack is either Greek yogurt or some nuts and a couple pieces of dried fruit.< /p>

I am only 5 weeks out but this web site my favorite She had loads of recipes and logs what she ate once each week. http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

I, too, have a (very slight) stricture and my food choices were extremely limited for a long time. I still have "feeding" days and "non-feeding" days -- days where I can eat and days where more than a few nibbles makes me hurl.

I don't typically eat meals, I graze all day, but it works for me as I can rarely eat more than 1/3 cup or so at a time. I focus on high Protein, high fat and low carb. You do sound like you eat a lot of carby foods.

My foods include soft scrambled and deviled eggs, cheese, guacamole and hummus, cheese, beef Jerky and almonds, cheese, seafood or chicken salad, shrimp, cheese, crab cakes, refried Beans and taco meat with cheese, edamame, olives and mushrooms off the olive bar at our market, the filling of pot pies, salmon, cheese, tilapia, rare steak. cheese...

I can eat anything as long as it's softer, juicy or has a gravy or sauce. I don't eat a lot, my restriction is really tight, so I do eat a little here and there all day. I've been maintaining for a year and a half easily.

I rarely eat bread, Bagels, cereal, rice, Pasta or potatoes as they all make me gag and vomit about 20-30 minutes after I eat. I can eat a bite or three, but that's my limit. I can eat crackers, popcorn, chips and the like, but I limit those foods because I know they are not healthy choices. Cereal and milk doesn't sit well, and I used to love cereal. Boo hisss!

When I eat out, I hit the appetizer menu because I can always find Protein friendly choices and a smaller portion size. I still end up taking food home.

You can do this!!

I have kept most of my meals very simple.

During that 1st year post-op, I was so afraid that I would "break the magic" after WLS,

that I wanted and still want my meals to be boring and basic.

I'm never going to allow food to have so much control over me again! :-)

Hey guys. So glad I found this forum. I'm entering goal weight and I'm afraid of slipping back into old eating patterns. I'm at a loss of how to eat now. For the last 6 months I've had a severe stricture which made my food choices very limited. It's opening up now and I've been able to eat more, and I need to make sure I set good habits.

1. Breakfast.

I really struggle with this one. Can you give me some low carb, low fat ideas for breakfast? I've been eating Bagels and cereal which I feel is too high carb.

2. lunch.

3. Snack

4. dinner.

5. Late night snack.< br />

Thanks guys!!!!

Well here's what I ate yesterday....It won't all go on one page.

post-237766-0-76507200-1444738607_thumb.png

post-237766-0-44686500-1444738719_thumb.jpeg

I found that soft foods such as chili and Soups go down easier that hard foods such as steaks. That is why I took this approach. I have included some recipes in a short article available at http://www.breadandbutterscience.com/Surgery.pdf

I'm not near goal yet, but here are examples of my normal day. I'm sure you, being at goal, are allowed more carbs than I am, but maybe this will help.

1. Breakfast.

I usually eat a piece of turkey sausage and Greek yogurt. I get the Kroger Light Greek (one of only two brands my NUT wants me to eat). It's got 14 grams of Protein and only 7 carbs. And it's really good.

2. lunch.

​When I find myself eating out, I usually go for grilled fish or shrimp and add in a green vegetable. I'm still not eating large amounts of the veggies, since I'm focused on the Protein, but I can usually hold a TBL or a little more. I

3. snack

I'm not a big snacker, but occasionally I'll have a BabyBel Light cheese or a boiled egg.

4. dinner.

Dinner varies for me. Sometimes I'll make an omelet and add turkey bacon and cheese and maybe some veggies. Other than that, any lean protein (chicken, fish, shrimp) and a green vegetable is my standard go-to.

5. Late night snack.

I seldom ever snack at night, but if I do want something sweet, I'm a big fan of S/F popsicles (banana are my favorite). I know they are totally Frankenfood, but yum. ;o)

Oh.......and congrats on getting to goal! That's wonderful and happy......and did I say wonderful?!!!

Thanks guys!!!!

I have no strictures or other limits on food. I get hungry! Cereal and Bagels are a nightmare for me because they make me hungry with "rebound" hunger from the carb. If it doesn't impact you that way, then maybe the carb heavy meals are not a problem. Seems like you are maintaining well.

breakfast:

I often have a premier Protein

or

Egg Beaters and a low fat sausage. If i get fancy, there is a veggie/sausage/egg beater omelette. I would wind up eating half for breakfast and the other half for lunch

Lunch:

lately I seem to be missing lunch often. Not such a great idea...

Some of my favorites:

-left overs from breakfast

-salmon patty served over salad with a little blue cheese

-sandwich meat and cheese in a lettuce wrap

Dinner:

Protein and veggies and salad

snacks:

I try to not eat before bed, but if i do it is a Protein Drink (good - better than snacky food!) or Protein Bar (not so good)

I might also have a yogurt, leftovers from dinner etc.

1. Breakfast.
I often workout in the morning so I tend to make a Protein shake. My favorite is greek yougurt, Protein powder + a tbsp of almond butter. Occasionally I switch it up and add fruit and spinach instead.
On non-gym days I eat eggs w/ cheese, hardboil eggs or make overnight oats

2. lunch.

My favorite lunch is a salad w/ either romaine, spinach or baby greens, black Beans, a hard boiled egg, shredded cheese, and with salsa or olive oil as dressing. I'll toss in avocado if I have some on hand.

3. Snack

My go to are 1 ounce packs of nuts, Usually pistachios or cashews.

4. dinner.

Most days Soups. Sometimes I do a stir fry with seitan or tempeh. You can sub any lean Protein.< /span>

5. Late night snack.

I'm not a late not snacker. For one I eat dinner later than most, around 7pm most days. I'm also typically trying to get the rest of my Water in. Most often I go for a cup of tea if anything. However if I am feeling munchie. I like sliced cucumbers with a splash of lime and Sriracha. It's the crunch and spice I often crave and next to no calories. If i'm feeling hungry, I eat a hard boiled egg, a string cheese or a small bit of yogurt. The small amount of fat usually fills me up.

@@bellabloom

Breakfast :

eggs with green pepper and sweet onion. On days I need to get out the door breakfast of jimmy dean turkey sausage Yogurt is also a favorite.( mmmm caramel apple pie dannon light n fit)

Lunch:

At work I eat a bento box filled with chopped chicken, snap peas, red grapes and cheese. It all finger food. I'm on the run I graze it. its visually appealing, great for portions, so many options to fill it with.

https://www.pinterest.com/eggface/bento-licious/

Dinner: many things to try.

http://insidekarenskitchen.com/bariatric-friendly-recipes/

@@jenn1 - you're the first fellow bento maker I've come across on the boards. I love making pretty bentos.

I'm very basic and simple. It's only hubby and I, so I don't get fancy very often.

Breakfast: Protein shake or eggs and turkey bacon on the weekends

Lunch: tuna, chicken, or seafood salad or lunch meat roll up with lettuce or Tomato. Very rarely I will make a sandwich with whole grain bread.< /p>

Snacks if I'm hungry: Nuts, yogurt, cheese sticks, Jerky or fruit.< /p>

Dinner: Protein like fish or beef, chicken or pork (prepared different ways) and green veggie or salad.

Ta Da!

Breakfast: 1 egg yolk broken and folded over with 1 slice of cheese

Alternate breakfast: 1/2 a P28 Protein bagel with cream cheese

Scoop of Protein in my coffee for a latte when I get to the office

Snack: a couple of baby bells and some rice crackers or a small apple

Lunch: Cottage cheese and rice crackers

Fast food lunch: Chick filet chicken nuggets (6)

Snack: PowerCrunch protein cookie

Dinner: salmon on a bed of greens with goat cheese and salad crunchies with 10 year aged balsamic and oil

Loving this post. Keep it coming!!! I can see where I need to improve already!!