Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Paying out of pocket

I went to Mexico. I went alone too. It was great. Half the price including airfare. Went back to work 10 days later. It was well worth the money! I work at a hospital and they did everything we do. Clean, nurse hand off's, frequent nurse checks. Quick response time to answer the bell. Everyone spoke good English. Oh and it took like two weeks to get everything arranged. I am healthy so I didn't need to do the sleep studies, psych visits, blood clot checks and other crud they make you do here in the states. I have face book messenger to talk to my dietician and her email and phone number as well.

Edited by heajon

Initial meeting Nov. 23, surgery Dec 8. 13K$ in Atlanta.

Initial meeting Nov. 23, surgery Dec 8. 13K$ in Atlanta.

How are you feeling

@ I'm good. Today is the end of day 14. I am down about 20 pounds. Can do just about whatever I want physically, my incisions are all closed, but are still angry red. The first few sketchy days are behind me. I have not thrown up. My tummy is itchy and I look forward to the next two weeks to see what happens.

@ I'm good. Today is the end of day 14. I am down about 20 pounds. Can do just about whatever I want physically, my incisions are all closed, but are still angry red. The first few sketchy days are behind me. I have not thrown up. My tummy is itchy and I look forward to the next two weeks to see what happens.

That's amazing! Keep up the great work then ???? i look forward in starting my journey soon ???? 20lbs is awesome wow ????

This is very helpful. I am self pay. My first appointment with my Weight Management Clinic was December 22, and I am hoping to have my surgery next Month.

This is very helpful. I am self pay. My first appointment with my Weight Management Clinic was December 22, and I am hoping to have my surgery next Month.

That is great! What are your stats if you don't mind me asking ????

Not at all. I'm 380 now. BMI 61. I'm very excited for this step!

I bet I feel the same way I feel so anxious and happy you now ???? I am 266 with a 48 BMI hoping to get a date soon ❤️

My initial consultation was June 16, 2015 and surgery date was September 14. I took my time with the pre-op testing (ekg, bloodwork, psych, nutritionist) to make sure I was ready for a complete life change :) It cost $13900 for surgery day, that's not including all the pre op testing. Expensive? Yes. Worth it? Hell yes!!!!

Starting weight: 296

Surgery day: 288

Current weight: 246

Yes, I went to a seminar on the 18th of dec 15 and had my surgery same month on the 28th.

My first visit was Nov. 23 and surgery was Dec 8. I was not required to have psych, or heart testing, just some blood tests and a credit card. My weight at surgery was 250, and the total cost on surgery day was 14000$ I don't know if the trip to the ER later will be covered, that bill I have seen at about $5500.

I didn't qualify for insurance, I had lost a bunch a few years back, and blah blah...

It's only money.

I called my credit card people and spread it across 3 cards: 0% for 1y, 1.9% for 6 mos. And 6.9% eternally. I figure I will pay this off sometime in 2016, between tax return and Hubby's new job. I am extremely conservative with money, so this was w wild leap for me, but it is going to be so worth it.