Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone heard of Dr. Francisco Gonzalez in TJ?

Ive read this post and am interested in Dr. Gonzalez, do any of you mind if I PM you for more information?

First I want to thank all of you for sharing your thoughts and experience’s with your lap band procedure and your Doctors, you really helped me to make up my mind.

I will keep you posted on how everything goes I’m waiting for a confirmation on my surgery date.My hubby is aboard on this and he'll be coming along with me ( maybe it's better for him to stay,anybody have any thoughts on this??) Dr. Francisco Gonzalez seems to be the best choice, I hope I'm right.

:)

You are about to begin a life changing experience, I want to let you know that you can count on all of us and especially me for any help I can give or any advice. Lap Band life has its ups and downs we all want to be with you in both instances. You will find out that Dr. Gonzalez is as good as we all say he is if not better. Dr. V and Laura as well as Dr. Vera, Dr.Veronica and Carmen complete the team. You are in the best of hands.

If your lives change in only 50% of what mine has it will all be worth it.

Janet

Thanks for all the info,all you guys have been super helpful!

thank you Chris I got it and it was just right!

I called Laura and I'm on for the 20th. YES! Dr. Gonzalez IS the man!

You know that doctor Valenzuela sure is a cool customer! the patience he had wit me, we spoke for more than an hour!

HOTMOMMA GONNA BE HOTTER!!!Ill give you all the details!!!!

its my birthday, its my birthday,yea ahuh, yea ahuh...........

HotMomma

That is awesome!!! I am still trying to get my financing straightened out, but once that is taken care of....I will be there with bells on!!! Are you going alone? That is something I was wondering....how comfortable is it for your traveling companion to stay in the hospital with you. So if anybody can answer that I would appreciate it. Good Luck HotMomma and please keep us posted on your progress.

Suzielondon:

What hotel did you stay at. I was checking out the links that Dr. Valenzuela sent me. So you are saying that the hotel you stayed at was connected to the hospital and you went right from your room to the hospital without leaving the building? My boyfriend is going with and I told him that I wanted him to stay with me in the hospital, basically for his safety, but if it is within the same building then I would feel much better and I would not mind him staying in the hotel room to get a good nights rest. I have heard some bad stories about TJ and I just don't want that to happen to us.

go here: Go LAP-BAND ::::: Patients and listen to the videos. Tijuana is as safe or as bad as any city in the US depending on the part of town, don´t go by what the Tijuana bashers write, most of them have not even been to Tijuana. Thousands of us have gone there and not one lap band patient has had or has been a victim of any violent crime. I think you have enough on your plate with you upcoming lifestyle change, focus on that, and good luck!Banded by Doctor Francisco Gonzalez 2005

go here: Go LAP-BAND ::::: Patients and listen to the videos. Tijuana is as safe or as bad as any city in the US depending on the part of town, don´t go by what the Tijuana bashers write, most of them have not even been to Tijuana. Thousands of us have gone there and not one lap band patient has had or has been a victim of any violent crime. I think you have enough on your plate with you upcoming lifestyle change, focus on that, and good luck!Banded by Doctor Francisco Gonzalez 2005

Thank you for the Link. Safety has been a concern of mine. I have seen some of the threads with people bashing Tijuana and like you said, it can be just as bad in the US, depending on where you are at. I guess the main thing is, don't go out alone.

I have been reading post from this forum for a while, and decided to post today, I made up my mind to have Dr.Gonzalez do my Lap Band I´m confident that he is the best after all the reseach I´ve done ( and I beleive that everyone is entitled to their own opinion) so I called today and got my surgery date set for september 6th,so wish me luck guys and I will keep you posted

I have been reading post from this forum for a while, and decided to post today, I made up my mind to have Dr.Gonzalez do my Lap Band I´m confident that he is the best after all the reseach I´ve done ( and I beleive that everyone is entitled to their own opinion) so I called today and got my surgery date set for september 6th,so wish me luck guys and I will keep you posted

Congrats Chelsea! Please keep us posted on your progress. I am still not scheduled yet. I am hoping to be able to do that next week. Paying out of your own pocket is not easy. I would say that has been one of the harder things for me. BUT, I am determined that things will fall into place and I will be able to join the group and say: I HAVE BEEN BANDED! Take care and good luck. BTW, did you happen to talk to Dr. Valenzuela? If so, isn't he the greatest! I just love him, and to tell you the truth, his patience and kindness is what really sealed the deal for me. Although I researched and read the experience of other people, he is the one the ultimately made me decide to go with Dr. Gonzalez. He never once pressured me and he has been in constant contact with me since the end of July and that is something you don't get from very many doctors. He has been working on finding a fill doctor for me and has assurred me that he would find one for me that was close to home.

I called and I spoke with a girl named Laura. I asked her if I could speak with doctor Gonzalez. He was in surgery and doctor Valenzuela was available to answer my questions so I spoke with him. He was very helpful and you´re right about his patience. I do have a couple of questions for doctor Gonzalez so he will call me monday morning. I hope you find your fill doctor and get your surgery date soon. I will be preparing for my surgery and be reading more on this forum. I think LBT is one of the most valuable sources of information for everyne before and after being banded. I will keep you posted.

Hi Chelsea,

Dr. Valenzuela sent me an e-mail on Saturday...WOW....I was surprised. he must never sleep. He told me that he found another doctor that he wants to check with to do my fills and he would let me know on Monday. I just cannot get over how good he is with keeping me posted and up-to-date on what is going on. I have heard good things about their postop care and follow-up as well. Good luck with your preop diet. Just remember....it will be well worth it.

Thank you everyone for your replies and stories! I'm glad things went well for you Christine!

Thanks for starting this thread, its turned out to be a great place to exchange information on doctor Francisco Gonzalez and the lap band procedure. Congratulations to all lap band newbies out there and keep posting your experiences.

Hey there , well looks like there’s many choices for surgeons in Mexico, and I don’t know about you but I think I’m leaning more towards Dr. Francisco Gonzalez after reading a lot of posts of positive experiences with not only him but all of his team, the care and attention before and after the surgery, and for me that is very important not to be left in the cold after they have done the surgery on us, if they care enough about you to take the time to do follow up its wonderful ... even though IT SHOULD BE A MUST but others don’t seem to think so, any input???

I got your info and I think it´s been great the way your life has changed I´m thinking I can be as lucky with the surgery and with the first couple of months. Maybe luck does have a little to do with this and a little more chosing the right doctor. I´ve seen the results the patients of doctor Gonzalez talk about and also the videos. As soon as I know my vacation schedule I´m almost sure I´m going with doctor Gonzalez. I´ll see you on the web! Thanks!