Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can honestly say before this process I would have never ever craved something as simple as a turkey and provolone sandwich with/ lite mayo and lettuce. And I don't mean like the huge kind you get at a sandwich shop or restaurant.. I mean the 5th grade kind your mom would make at home and send in your lunch box. That and eggs. I'm excited about eggs.... How crazy is that.. I thought for sure I'd be missing chocolate or cupcakes. But honestly all my cravings seem pretty tame thus far. Does anyone else have odd cravings.. or maybe things that they never thought they would miss?

At about two weeks post op, I had the strangest craving for foods I had not had for many, many months prior to surgery. I craved fried Okra, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, white gravy, corn bread, tamales, flautas and just crazy combos of food. I wanted to dip cheese sticks in hummus and carrots in plain Greek yogurt. It has gone away some but not completely.

I don't get it. Oh and when I eat like a thin slice of deli turkey meat with some cream cheese spread, I want Salt n' Vinegar chips. I haven't had Salt n' Vinegar chips in about two years. Weird.

I've been craving the same kind of things, cheese and pickles, quiche, chili, etc. I'm sure it's because I just miss eating anything really and having a little more variety.

I want pickles!!! I really love pickles! I don't know if they are soft enough-- ????

I've been wanting a salad like crazy! And Mexican food in general (margarita included), but I know I won't be having that for a while. I did have chicken tortilla Soup (minus the tortilla strips) a couple times but the last time it was too spicy, so that kick ended right away. Mom had some nice cold cuts, Black Forest ham and pepper jack cheese with dark rye bread, and I did crave one of those homemade sandwiches really bad, but I didn't budge.

I've been wanting popcorn and apples. I also really really really want Diet Coke.

its so refreshing to hear im not the only one! its so strange the process our bodies go thru. =)

I craved quiche and pizza. Luckily I was able to come up with Bariatric friendly recipes to satisfy both of those cravings. I just couldn't imagine never eating pizza again as it's one of my favorite foods. My next challenge will be finding a way to make Thanksgiving stuffing or as my family calls it "dressing" down here in the South! My 6th month post-op blood work and surgeon visits are 10/23 and NUT 10/27. I will definitely have something to pass by my NUT by then ;)

I craved quiche and pizza. Luckily I was able to come up with Bariatric friendly recipes to satisfy both of those cravings. I just couldn't imagine never eating pizza again as it's one of my favorite foods. My next challenge will be finding a way to make Thanksgiving stuffing or as my family calls it "dressing" down here in the South! My 6th month post-op blood work and surgeon visits are 10/23 and NUT 10/27. I will definitely have something to pass by my NUT by then ;)

Pizza....I am craving! What was your solution!?!