Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Red/pink urine explained.

Well I did the "beet test". I didn't plan on doing such a thing It just so happens I've been on a roasted beets and Brussels sprouts kick. I had a minor freak out session when I went pee and it was red. TMI, I know but it's for a purpose. Anyway I knew it wasn't blood so I started doing some research and found my answer. I have never had this happen prior to surgery. I would remember something like that! So It's a sign of low stomach acid and other things. I posted the article below. I don't know if I should be worried or not so I will ask my NUT about it . I find it pretty interesting though so I thought I would share. It's a natural test you can actually do yourself. :) Our bodies are just too cool! I think I'm going to start taking some Probiotics. Now, if there's a shortage of beets I will know why. You're welcome! :)

post-237766-0-26939100-1444268108_thumb.jpeg

@@Inner Surfer Girl I'm kind of surprised my stomach acid would be low. I haven't been taking my PPI the last few days because I'm try to see if I'm going to be ok without it. I missed it once way back in the beginning and woke up puking on acid. It was traumatizing to say the least. I have another 3 month script to pick up but I was curious to see how I would do w/o it. I guess according to the beets my stomach acid is low enough it's not metabolizing some nutrients so now that has me a bit worried....

My labs have been spot on but I may start taking Vitamins again too just to be safe. I have been a little more tired lately but I just figured that was from work and school.

Don't do the new bun at burger king...it will turn your poo green just saying.

http://abc7.com/science/yes-burger-kings-black-halloween-bun-turns-your-poop-green/1020009/

And yes I tried a bite of my daughters, but a bite won't do it

Edited by OKCPirate

Beets will do that to your poo too. I did know that just never the pee.

I'm so glad I was considerate enough to post this AFTER dinner hours.

@@OKCPirate Hey! I just noticed you had your surgery the day after I had mine! We were almost the same weight.

The body is amazing. If any of you have had Shapeology pills such as Curb or Burn... it is not a pretty sight for your bowel movements or urine...

Of course, I happened to start taking them during my Liver Shrinking Diet, so I wasn't sure which one was the culprit.

I thought I was dying.

Good news, it helped me lose a lot of weight and not be hungry while I was testing the VSG-portion waters!

Roasted beets? I like beets, but they are almost always pickled. How do you prepare these beets? Is this a reciepe you found and tried out or is it an old recipe?

Roasted beets? I like beets, but they are almost always pickled. How do you prepare these beets? Is this a reciepe you found and tried out or is it an old recipe?

Ugh always hated pickled beets but love them roasted!

What I do is cut them in chunks along with a yam or sweet potato and some carrots and onions, drizzle with a little olive oil and throw in a 375 oven for about 30-45 mins (keep checking and turning them) till brown and crispy.

YUM roasted root vegetables

lol, oh man... pickled beets and eggs are a special treat to me! No one else I know other than my parents like them though.

I have just never heard of roasting them, it sounds... alien to me. I don't even know if my grocery store has raw beets. Going to have to look for this.

@@BigViffer I don't use any recipe I just peel them, cut them up along with halved Brussels sprouts, add olive oil to coat and spices, cumin, garlic, salt, pepper, touch of red pepper, onion powder, paprika, ect...whatever you like. Depending on the amount (usually 3 large beets and a bag of Brussels sprouts) I cover them and put them in the oven at 425 for an hour. Delicious even if it does cause red pee!

Oh man, I used to be able to destroy a bunch of sprouts! Now I can only manage to bully about 4 ounces of them.

@@BigViffer Here's what I'm eating now....red pee won't stop me!!!

post-237766-0-74069600-1444330180_thumb.jpeg