Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What was your weight pre op and what is it now?

Hi

Just want to know how many lbs did you lose the first month and how and what are you doing to keep them off?

My pre op weight was 242 my recorded weight was 234 (orientation weight) surgery day I weighed 212.5 7 weeks later I'm 183 as if this morning .. I had some problems in the beginning nothing to bad just I was tired all the time so I barely worked out but now I'm walking and treadmill and just started dance ..

No problem .. Everyone is different ... You might lose ..more I started my work out and already lost a few pounds in one day

A few weeks before surgery I was 225 lbs, day of surgery 220 lbs.. 4 weeks later I was at 210. Everyone is different but I averaged 1-1.5 a week. If I gained a bit I looked back at my food diary, everytime it was either too much sweets or occasionally salty foods and less exercise. Every time. For exercise, I walked and swam, later I ran for awhile. Now im at a comfortable 142 lbs, I do Pilates, golf ( 9 holes tonight !) swimming and walking, and try to eat reasonably healthy with a little daily treat thrown in. Just a little advice, a scale wont tell you as much as a pair of pants will, use your tightest pants as your guide instead of the scale. When the pants start loosening up you know you're on the right track ! Good luck !!

I'm with Pink Dahlia on the pants -- that was and is my best indicator. And I think my loss was at that 1-2 pounds a week as well. I started at 252 and am fluctuating between 178-182 these days. Hope to lose another chunk but I'm very happy where I am now -- toned and strong. Walking has been great for me. I had to fake it at first but now I really do love exercise. Believe me, if that can happen to me it can happen to anyone! Good luck with all. It will all happen, no rush. It's a lifestyle, not a diet. Choose well, listen to your body, hydrate and exercise. My "rule" for myself is. It to eat when I'm not hungry but to be sure to eat when I am hungry. Never thought I'd make friends with my appetite but I have. The links below in my signature have helped me a lot -- the videos and Dr. simpson's site.

I'm at 10 days out of surgery. My weight on the day of surgery was 242, today I am at 232. I haven't started solid foods yet so I don't know how that will impact it. One thing I didn't think about though was that there is swelling after the surgery so it takes some time before you will "see" the impact. Right now my incision sites are still sore so I'm wearing mostly loose fit clothing and my tummy is still slightly swollen. I'm sure it will be even more exciting once the swelling is gone.

height 170cm I was 220 2 weeks before surgery 202 day of surgery 13 days later 194. This can't be right I use to loose faster than this in 1 month without the band and I know Im not eating much at all in fact Im more on liquid than anything else. Anyone have any idea why the weight isn't dropping?

I am 6'6" preop weight 148kgs (325lbs), BMI 37.6, body fat 38.6%

Now: 6'6, 105.7kgs (237lbs), BMI 27, body fat around 13%. (I think the scale is inconsistent though.)

sleeping better, much lower blood pressure, generally focussed on eating quality food rather than "filing" and enjoying life.

I take a special Multivitamin every morning and every evening, drink magnesium and zinc every evening.

Generally life is good. My clothing size has dropped dramatically. Suits went from a US 52/54 are now down to roughly a us 42/44.

post-247552-14445629126614_thumb.jpg

height 170cm I was 220 2 weeks before surgery 202 day of surgery 13 days later 194. This can't be right I use to loose faster than this in 1 month without the band and I know Im not eating much at all in fact Im more on liquid than anything else. Anyone have any idea why the weight isn't dropping?

Victoria mora, the weight IS dropping ! You've lost 8 lbs in 13 days ! I dont know why you think you're not loosing enough, or what you were expecting. Im not sure why you're not happy with the results so far. "Dieting" is very different than WLS, sometimes the body goes into shock after surgery, and holds on to the weight in case its being starved. Then as it adjusts to the new healthy lifestyle of eating right, exercise, Water etc it begins to let go of the excess weight. Some people s body adjusts right away, some need more time, theres no set rule. Just follow your Dr.s rules, listen to YOUR body, and remember that this is a journey to get strong and healthy, and it takes time. Good luck !!

This was a good thread for me. I've been very disappointed this past week. I was banded last Friday. My orientation day was 8 days prior to surgery and I was 345.1. Day of surgery, I was 329.1 - 16 lbs down. Four days post surgery, I was down 4.5 more. Haven't budged since then. I'm being perfectly good. Have my three Protein shakes a day and usually some broth in the evening. Was expecting the weight to just peel off at this stage. I know 20 pounds in two weeks is a lot, but it seems like it stopped going down the last 5 days.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I had surgery in 2008. My surgery day weight was 386 today 10/31/2016 I hover around 250. At my lowest I was 231 which was the lightest I had been since middle school. I exercise off and on but need to be more disciplined. I definitely do not eat very much these days. Sometimes I worry I don't eat enough, there are days where I am just not hungry and I have to force myself to eat something.