Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where did the veterans forum go?

There used to be a vet forum and I can't find it. Help!

They were discussing maintenance and new ideas and support for those that are 2+ years out.

I believe it's called the Maintenance Forum now. Not many people are very happy about it. We all agree that being a vet does not necessarily mean that you are maintaining.

I am 6 years out so that would definitely make me a vet but I am not maintaining. I am trying very hard, but what I am doing is dieting and trying to lose. Is that maintenance?

vet does not necessarily mean you are maintaining.

@@Oregondaisy

it sure doesn't!!!

maybe back to veterans forum

but not only maintenance board

@@Alex Brecher back to Veteran's board would be nice??" what do you think??

kathy

I agree. I am over 4 years out and what I am doing wouldn't be called maintenance. But I do have all kinds of experience.

I'm sure there are more issues than maintaining at 2+ years out. I always value what I learn from the vets. The process never seems to end after goal.

YES!!! I miss the Vet's Forum too. I'm not at goal yet, nor am I 'maintaining' - so I don't qualify to post in the Maintenance forum. :(

The Vest allowed those of us still working to lose but more than a year out to have a place to post and connect - and one that wasn't all about the newbie things that are so important to cover, but less relevant to me.

Maybe we should start a thread called Veteran's Thread - ??

I too miss the vets forum because it was all sleevers and a bit of community..right? However, I know some of you are maintaining quite well....being 10# over goal is something to fix but doesn't preclude you from maintenance people!!! Seriously..get a grip!

I know most of you weren't as obese as I was, but my standards --- we are a pack of success stories!

I had to consult with a surgeon the other day who asked me about my weight stability. I felt crappy because I have been under and over goal and now am about "at goal" again. She looked at me and said "you have done remarkably well". It gave me pause. I am terribly flawed and imperfect and yet have done remarkably well. I think some of you need to hear that too.

I would call it maintaining if I were not constantly trying to lose my regain. If I were not trying to lose my regain, I am sure I would have regained more than I have. Maintenance is a struggle for me, that's all I can say. More of my hunger is returning and it's depressing.

You might try the Accountability Group. I love it!

I"m trying to figure out what people are doing to get rid of "regain". I've regained 10 pounds but it feels and looks like 20-30. I'm almost 4 yrs out and I feel like over the last year I've "gained" it all back in the sense that all the lumps bumps and disproportionate parts are here again. I'm considering Plastics but prefer to avoid that. Mostly, i want to feel in control again. I've done 5 Day pouch test and also 5:2 but haven't really found "my groove" to keep my weight under control.

Dr. Aceves said it best when he told me that he could operate on my stomach but he couldn't operate on my head. Wow, was he right!

Anyone else feel the same? Do you have any good resources out there that work?

@@Alex Brecher

We want the Vet Forum back, please. :D

@Alex Brecher, I second that!

@@Alex Brecher

holding sign with other vets pleading

we want the veterans board back

pretty please with sugar on top :rolleyes:

I mean sweet 'n Low

thanx from all

kathy

I appreciate everyone's feedback! We will add back the Vet forums in a few days.

The Vet's forum is now back online and available here.