Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help me please...I'm so down.

I'm in a bad place right now. Had surgery on August 11,2015. I was 285 day of surgery...I am now 243.5. I have been 243.5 for over a week now. I'm frustrated...sad...and missing food so bad that I cry all the time. I'm Italian and used to be a huge Pasta...bread....cheese person. Yesterday my husband made an amazing sauce and I sat there as my family made yummy noises and ate my favorite things. It didn't bother me before this stall but now I'm miserable. I exercise 6 times a week...35 minutes on the treadmill at 3.2-3.5 and then lift light weights for 15 minutes. I don't know what to do. I just cracked into my kids candy for the first time...tiny bites of butterfinger and babe Ruth. It was glorious...I'm waiting for my stomach to explode or do something. I'm so depressed.

Last pic was taken on Friday.

post-260977-14440830329047_thumb.jpg

post-260977-14440830712909_thumb.jpg

Stalls are normal I hear. Keep hydrated. Maybe the weight is from muscle now and not fat since you work out so much. Keep up with Protein to satisfy you. Remember why you did this when you're faced with foods that got you to that point.

@@gtrigona1, You've had a great loss for being around 8 weeks, IMO. Are you getting all of your Protein and fluids in? I know that my loss has slowed as I've started working out at the gym again. I think it's normal to feel down when we've had such great success the first 8 weeks and now it's stalling or slowing. Can you contact your RD? They might have ideas, or say it's normal... Good luck and know that you're not alone with what you're feeling!

I can relate. I cried today. I keep thinking how I won't be able to eat what I want again. It's so depressing, esp. while sitting in the living room listening to my family eat dinner. My surgery was 9/23..3 weeks tomorrow. Im 44 years old and i live in Richmond VA. My email is shannonmri2009@gmail.com if you want to talk.

Honey when you look in the mirror remember how much you love yourself. What you are doing for yourself, not only you but your family will benefit too. Try putting up some positive statements around the house so that you inspire yourself to keep going. Listen to your body not your head. Your head is telling you that the old way of eating is good but your stomach know difference. Please take care of yourself. I had my surgery October 1st 2014 and I am down 150 pounds. I feel like a new person. I am so thankful that I have taken off this weight as in April I have to have my left knee replaced. Having this weight off will help. My arthritis has taken over several of my joints but I am determined to keep a positive attitude and ENJOY my life. Best wishes to you and you can always drop me a note here and I will get back to you. Have a wonderful day! SMILE

Have you thought about therapy to get around the mind aspects of overeating? That's one of the most valuable things I ever did. Determined with a therapist WHY food was such an issue and what I used it for other than fuel/nutrition. That's a point that can't be overstated and comes back around on this board again and again. If we don't fix our MINDS this tool will not be as useful and we will not be as successful.

I have honestly never missed food since I got my head in the right place. Might be worth it!

You've come a long way and doing grest, stalls are normal don't let it get to you :)

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

Try pre making some food that are like what your family eats. I saw a ricotta egg and cheese mixture that was baked with a little sauce. The woman ate this when her family would eat Pasta or pizza. No carbs! Go on Pinterest. They have great bariatric recipes!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Don't give up. Have you talked to your dr? He can also give you info as to what's going on. I heard a lot of people say that they went back to eating what they could right after their surgery. I hope this helps

I'm not required to lose weight but they say they if we are