Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting the liquid diet and pre op class tomorrow.

Starting my Optifast diet and doing the pre op class tomoorow. What should I expect? I am so nervous now this is finally happening, it's really hitting me now. Have to do Optifast for two weeks.

I am not doing Optifast, however I am on 2 week liquid pre-op diet. I am on my 5th day. I think days 1 and 2 are the worst. First 2 mornings I woke up with a headache. I grabbed a bottle of Water and a Protein Drink and started feeling better. I am not hungry, but I do find my self wanting to eat out of habit. Stay strong.

@@Onelife Thanks for the info, I will stay strong I have no other choice lol. Have you lost any weight?

I start my liquid diet Thursday and have to do it for two weeks not looking forward to it but exited the big day is getting closer.

@@dede0314 I'm excited also, when is your surgery?

Oct. 22nd

Ok congrats, just a couple days after me. Keep in touch let me know how it goes.

Ok congrats, just a couple days after me. Keep in touch let me know how it goes.

Congrats to you also and good luck on your journey. Yes we should stay in touch.

@@CHELLB33 I was on Optifast for my 2 week pre-op too! We were given a choice at mayo so I chose the ready-to-drink boxes of chocolate and French vanilla. I also got 1 box of the vanilla powdered Protein packets. I'm just not a fan of powdered Protein, still not today as my preference is Premier Protein ready-to-drink vanilla and chocolate. Don't hate me but ... I loved it! You have to go into the next 2 weeks thinking about how amazing you're going to feel once all of the toxic foods you once indulged in are out of your beautiful body. You have to make it the most FUN possible. Here's what I did. I bought a Nutribullet (well worth the investment as I still use it several times per week), a couple boxes of Tazo tea, coffee and a variety of SweetLeaf Liquid Stevia flavors. Check out my pics ... I added the chocolate shake to hot coffee with a few drops of chocolate Stevia and it made a decadent hot chocolate. You can do the same thing with the teas, just add cinnamon Stevia, etc. as you'll get tired of always having "cold" drinks. I added lots of ice to the French vanilla with the pumpkin spice Stevia and blended it into my version of a Starbuck's Frappuccino - super delish! Volume is key in keeping you with that "full" feeling. I added cold coffee, cold French vanilla, English toffee Stevia and ice cubes for an iced latte. I also added vanilla creme Stevia to the powdered vanilla and ice but only blended it for a short time. It made a tasty mock ice cream - Yay - something to eat with a spoon instead of drink. Make it fun by pouring your concoctions in pretty glasses and by all means use your straws while you can - LOL! I lost 15 lbs. on my 2 week pre-op and my surgeon was very happy. You'll get out of this what you put into it so go BIG!!! You'll be so glad you did :D

post-236324-0-86997000-1444180136_thumb.jpg

post-236324-0-02406100-1444180150_thumb.jpg

post-236324-0-91543500-1444180171_thumb.jpg

post-236324-0-52253300-1444180194_thumb.jpg

post-236324-0-08419800-1444180198_thumb.jpg

I am not on Optifast but Bariatric Advantage. I cannot have herbal teas :-(. I have 3 shakes, two bars and I can have sugar free Jello and Popsicles and one small banana. I just want to start so I can get to the big day! Preop begins tomorrow!

@@beachgal2935 thanks so much I'm going to try all of these things. Today was my first day on Optifast it wasn't so bad, I did get a slight headache but it's going away now. I actually have 1 more shake to drink for the day but I'm pretty full from all the drinking I've been doing all day. I'm going to buy the drops tomorrow. ????????

I know those are awesome ideas. I was thinking if trying my chocolate shake with decaff coffee....

Wishing you the best!!

@@CHELLB33 I was on Optifast for my 2 week pre-op too! We were given a choice at mayo so I chose the ready-to-drink boxes of chocolate and French vanilla. I also got 1 box of the vanilla powdered Protein packets. I'm just not a fan of powdered Protein, still not today as my preference is Premier Protein ready-to-drink vanilla and chocolate. Don't hate me but ... I loved it! You have to go into the next 2 weeks thinking about how amazing you're going to feel once all of the toxic foods you once indulged in are out of your beautiful body. You have to make it the most FUN possible. Here's what I did. I bought a Nutribullet (well worth the investment as I still use it several times per week), a couple boxes of Tazo tea, coffee and a variety of SweetLeaf liquid Stevia flavors. Check out my pics ... I added the chocolate shake to hot coffee with a few drops of chocolate Stevia and it made a decadent hot chocolate. You can do the same thing with the teas, just add cinnamon Stevia, etc. as you'll get tired of always having "cold" drinks. I added lots of ice to the French vanilla with the pumpkin spice Stevia and blended it into my version of a Starbuck's Frappuccino - super delish! Volume is key in keeping you with that "full" feeling. I added cold coffee, cold French vanilla, English toffee Stevia and ice cubes for an iced latte. I also added vanilla creme Stevia to the powdered vanilla and ice but only blended it for a short time. It made a tasty mock ice cream - Yay - something to eat with a spoon instead of drink. Make it fun by pouring your concoctions in pretty glasses and by all means use your straws while you can - LOL! I lost 15 lbs. on my 2 week pre-op and my surgeon was very happy. You'll get out of this what you put into it so go BIG!!! You'll be so glad you did :D

I love this post so much!! Thank you for the awesome ideas!