Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hubby is 5 days post VSG and doing great. Walking and getting in his clear fluids. His only complaint is that even the simplest things get him out of breath. Assuming is is almost 2 weeks of nothing but liquids and very few calories. But, wanted to get the opinions of the experts out there. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Even talking tired me out... hubby thought it was great, I don't think I have ever been so quiet lol !

He's been through a huge operation and now on minimum calories. Rest and sip sip sip, then walk walk walk, sip sip sip. Also the tube they put down my throat made me cough a lot and id be breathless from that too.

It should get easier soon ☺

Congratulations on the surgery and speedy recovery !

I was totally exhausted with the slightest activity until I started regular cooked foods.

Marcy, I like to cover all bases, and I have experience with dehydration and resulting kidney failure. One of my symptoms was being out of breath just standing up. Your husband may want to get a blood test to check for dehydration and electrolyte levels. This could be life-threatening. Sorry to sound like an alarmist but the emergency room staff told me if I had waited another 8 hours I would probably been in a coma.

@@marcy0912

How is your hubby feeling now?

He feels great. Like hard to believe great. Earlier today we walked a mile and just got back from another longish walk. He is definitely worn down but has zero discomfort. He started adding Protein with the the Nektar Syntax today and is tolerating that fine. He is down 11 pounds since pre-surgery on Tuesday and 19 from h is starting weight. Yesterday he got 60 oz of Water in and he is already at 50 today so should get to 70. We have been joking that all the surgeon did was make 5 incisions and then did nothing else.

He generally has a very high tolerance for pain, and has bounced back quickly from a back surgery and appendix that he had in the past. I touch something wood all the time as I am so grateful that things have gone well. He has been monitoring his heart rate and it has dropped to a normal rate after sitting for a few minutes.

Thanks for asking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk