Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What can you eat dip with?

I am about 6 weeks post op. I have a family function today and was asked to make dip. No biggie, found lots of good recipes that are good for me. One problem....what can I eat this dip with? I am pretty much convinced I will just have to use a fork lol. Is there no kind of whole grain whole wheat cracker or toast I can have? I know, vegetables, but I am still not supposed to have raw yet and not a lot of veggies go with different dips....ugh.

Any suggestions??

Yep a fork is about it I think. I did the same about 1 month post op at a July 4 gathering.

You can make a zucchini chip. Slice them really thin and bake in the oven. Check Pinterest for recipes.< /p>

Booo. :( Well, I was just thinking that there probably isn't any dip that would be worth taking up precious food space anyway. I was just hoping someone had found some kind of low carb melba toast or whole grain cracker or something. I guess tortillas are forever on the no no list? Because I am dying for salsa but have no idea how I will eat it from now on. I always told myself preop that tortillas and salsa was a good for me snack...

Yep a fork is about it I think. I did the same about 1 month post op at a July 4 gathering.

Good idea! I will definitely look that up! Wonder what else I can make a "chip" with?? :)

You can make a zucchini chip. Slice them really thin and bake in the oven. Check Pinterest for recipes.< /p>

You can bake pretty much any vegetable sliced thin and use as a vehicle for dip Just be careful the dip isn't too fatty. A bean or cheese dip will give you a small amount of Protein, but the others might just be more fat than you should have. As for salsa, I often use it top salad instead of dressing. It's a nearly fat free alternative.

Cucumbers and carrots are another option. Seriously some crackers are low in carbs and give you like six with less than 100 calories. I can't eat six crackers plus this is one snack and not an everyday event for this one time I don't see it as a fat meal that will destroy your regular healthy eating.

My Mediterranean boyfriend grows sunchokes in the garden and makes chips out of those. Also I dice chicken or turkey and put that in dip or salsa with sour cream and eat it like a salad. I have also made avocado dip and made roll-ups with deli ham or turkey. I spread some dip on a flat piece of meat, and strips of cheese, then roll it up and eat it.

My Mediterranean boyfriend grows sunchokes in the garden and makes chips out of those. Also I dice chicken or turkey and put that in dip or salsa with sour cream and eat it like a salad. I have also made avocado dip and made roll-ups with deli ham or turkey. I spread some dip on a flat piece of meat, and strips of cheese, then roll it up and eat it.

@@Miss Mac, can I just admit how jealous I am. The more you post about what your Mediterranean boyfriend does for you the more I want my own!

On my plan we are allowed triscuits and ak-mok crackers at 6 weeks. I try to keep it at a minimum, don't really want to get back on those carbs, but I do occasionally indulge, it's great for something crunchy.

I put salsa on my scrambled eggs. And I sometimes use it in place of salad dressing on my salad.< /p>

You can also make kale chips but they tend to be very delicate so might not hold the dip. Sometimes a fork is just perfect.

I have used pork skins to eat dip with. They have almost no carbs and some Protein (not my favorite, but they work). I also occasionally splurge on some crackers.

Pork rinds are low carbs / high Protein but also high fat. If you can limit yourself, you might try that. I worry that it's a bit early for you for some if these choices though. And tortillas aren't a no forever but they are for a little while.

You can also make chips out of cheese. There are recipes all over Pinterest for these but it is pretty simple.

Take a small thus slice of cheese and place on parchment paper in the oven. You can use shredded cheese too. Bake it until slightly browned. Take the whole sheet of parchment with the chips on it and place it on the cool counter. As the cheese chips cool the become crispy.

Very low carb, has Protein and works great with dips.

You can also add seasoning to your little piles of cheese. Italian seasoning, taco seasoning. Whatever floats your boat.