Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im 6 months out and down 98 lbs which currently has me weighing in at 151. The weather down here is pretty cold now and i can't handle the cold like i use too. Im freezing!! All the time! Definitely new too me. I use to love the cold.

I'm getting to that point as well. I've always completely adored the cold, but here in upstate NY it's been in the 40s for a couple days, and even with the heat cranked up, a thick hoodie, thermal leggings, and a heavy comforter, I'm still FREEZING! What works to warm me up a little is taking a short, hot shower. It warms your core up which in turn helps to keep the rest of you with sufficient blood flow and thus stay warmer. Still, I'm about 90 pounds down from last summer when I began this journey, but I'm still significantly overweight, yet I still get cold so easily now. Stay warm! :)

Just as an FYI, make sure your thyroid is being checked. That can also effect your body temperature

Most likely it's just the weight loss (woo hoo) but it is something to ask about just to be on the safe side

Congrats on the weight loss!

I fear this after surgery. I'm already one of those always cold people. Maybe I'll go the other way and be hot all the time lol.

I have thyroid issues and I freeze.....loosing my insulation is not helping my cause

About two weeks ago I woke up to use the restroom and as my rear end hit the seat I about jumped ten feet high because the cold shocked me. This had never been a problem and I usually craved cold touches (flipping over my pillow, finding a cool spot on the sheets, the toilet seat) in the middle of the night because I always felt over-heated.

Then last week while I sat at my desk at work the AC clicked on (yes, Arizonans have their AC's on in September and even in parts of October) and I immediately wished I had something to cover my arms with. I was the girl all summer long begging for the air to be turned down to 70 and when it clicked on at 73 I felt like I was going to freeze to death.

I'm hoping it all means that during winter (no Arizona doesn't really get a winter, but we pretend) I can bundle up in cute pea coats, scarves, tunics, knit leggings and knee high boots. Gotta turn the negatives into positives!

Just as an FYI, make sure your thyroid is being checked. That can also effect your body temperature

Most likely it's just the weight loss (woo hoo) but it is something to ask about just to be on the safe side

Congrats on the weight loss!

Thyroids all good! Ty!

I fear this after surgery. I'm already one of those always cold people. Maybe I'll go the other way and be hot all the time lol.

Lol i use to be soooo hot, sweated so easily. Now its the complete opposite ????????

I have thyroid issues and I freeze.....loosing my insulation is not helping my cause

Sorry to hear that ????????

One of the worst things about being overweight for me was how hot and sweaty I used to get. While working I would drop sweat all over everyone and get totally flushed. I would break a terrible sweat just getting my kids up and to school!!

So now, I welcome the cold. Bundle up and welcome it in!!!

Is it bad that I'm looking forward to this! I am always hot. My head sweats like crazy so I can't wait to not be sweating all the time! :)

I've lost 130lbs since starting my journey I'm also pre menopause I'm having hot flashes and then I'm freezing i told the surgeon about it and i was told my Iron is great no problems with my thyroid my Protein was low. When i was 280 i was always hot now it's the opposite so i keep a sweater and wear a tee shirt now.