Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello to all. i just had the sleeve done and am 5 days post op. i was wondering if anyone else is experiencing a lot of hunger pains. i'm hungry all the time. it's strange cuz i've never felt this type of hunger before. maybe it's just psychological i dunno but it's annoying. does it go away?

i'm doing good on the 2nd stage diet of liquids and i'm getting my Protein Shakes in too. next week will be my 1st week post op visit so i'm hoping for positive news.

I think it might be heartburn/reflux. Try taking an antacid and see if that helps. It calms mine down most of the time.

I will try that, thank you. Looks like we're pretty similar in statistics bibleajosc. How are you doing so far?

I'm doing okay. I had a complication that had nothing to do with the sleeve. One of the meds made me unable to urinate. It's been a rough week, but I've felt better today. I'm still having quite a bit of pain and I have kind of had the opposite problem. I don't really want to eat anything. How about you?

i'm tolerating everything they said you should have on this liquid diet although i don't feel the need or urge to eat as much. i also had a hernia repair so for me that;s been more of a healing challenge than the sleeve. i'm hoping that these first two weeks are the hardest and after that we begin to feel somewhat "normal" again :)

Hi guys! Had my sleeve on 9/30 but could not swallow anything right after surgery. They said my sleeve was "tight" and I ended up in the hospital for 4 days until better. Everything has been fine since and I'm glad to be back on the full liquid diet. I have not had many hunger pains but look at the amount I'm eating and wonder why I'm not hungry! Mental thing, I know. Was glad I found the chewable multi-vitamins at my doctors office today because dumping the capsule was not doing it for me. Would love to keep touching base to see how we progress throughout this first phase!

Edited by a75stem

Hi guys! Had my sleeve on 9/30 but could not swallow anything right after surgery. They said my sleeve was "tight" and I ended up in the hospital for 4 days until better. Everything has been fine since and I'm glad to be back on the full liquid diet. I have not had many hunger pains but look at the amount I'm eating and wonder why I'm not hungry! Mental thing, I know. Was glad I found the chewable multi-Vitamins at my doctors office today because dumping the capsule was not doing it for me. Would love to keep touching base to see how we progress throughout this first phase!

hiya a75steam! i think the mental thing for us all is the hardest part to get over. i'm still thinking i can eat dinner with my kids then i take a few spoons of Soup and i'm done :) have you had your 1st week post op yet? mine is actually a 10 day post up so i'm looking forward to thursday to see the doc.

Hi! Yes, I have been to my post-op appointment.. I actually went 10/6. Everything was great and I told them that I was planning to go back to work on 10/7. Well, I did and completely failed(I teach) and had to leave by lunch. Was completely exhausted, in a bit of pain, and I spiked my blood pressure a bit! Therefore...dizzy, yucky, clamy, sweating! Going to take off Friday and rest up this weekend.

Do you work and if so what are your plans in going back?

Thought I'd join in if that's ok. I was sleeved on 9/28 as well. I had my first follow up on Tuesday of this week and they said all was well and I am on track with everything. My question to you all is how much are you eating a day at this point? I'm kinda concerned because I'm averaging about 300 or less calories a day and about 30-40 grams of Protein if I'm lucky. With me it's not that food is making me feel sick but if I eat more then a couple bites or half a Protein Shake it feels like the food is backing up my esophagus. I guess I'm just wondering how everyone else is doing calorie/protein wise.

I am probably not doing a good job either with the calorie/protein ratio either. I'm pretty sure we are about on the same amounts. I have not tracked my calories but need to be doing that too! I did have a "thank goodness" moment today when I found Raspberry flavored Water at Sonic! I usually just get a large Water and sip on it all day...now there is a flavor I like. Funny how now it's the small things that make me so excited now.

With Protein I am just going to keep trying to get more and more. I wondered if we could blend in natural smooth Peanut Butter to the Protein shakes for additional Protein. I know I use to do this on one of my many diet fails!

I am probably not doing a good job either with the calorie/protein ratio either. I'm pretty sure we are about on the same amounts. I have not tracked my calories but need to be doing that too! I did have a "thank goodness" moment today when I found Raspberry flavored Water at Sonic! I usually just get a large Water and sip on it all day...now there is a flavor I like. Funny how now it's the small things that make me so excited now.

With Protein I am just going to keep trying to get more and more. I wondered if we could blend in natural smooth Peanut Butter to the Protein shakes for additional Protein. I know I use to do this on one of my many diet fails!

I am not a Peanut Butter fan but I have heard a lot of good things about the dehydrated peanut butter powder and that it is less fat/calories then regular peanut butter but adds protein and great flavor to shakes or what. I have ordered some unflavored Protein Powder that arrived yesterday so I'm gonna try to add that to my Greek yogurt and things today to get my protein up.

hello! as for the calories, i have no idea where i am with that but throughout the day, slowly i can get in 3 Protein shakes which brings it to about 69 gms of Protein and my NUT said that was great so far. i don't eat much of anything else though. i may have a few tbsp of Soup but i'm just doing the shakes and as much Water as i can drink. i so miss chugging a cold glass of water! i'll be on pureed foods soon, monday to be exact, looking forward to that. :)

My dr had me on puréed as soon as I left the hospital and then at my one week moved me up to soft foods, I think that's why I'm having a hard time getting in the Protein because I'm so full from just a few bites of food there's not enough time in the day to get in food, Protein Shakes, and Water. It's getting a bit better each day but still was concerning to me to be so low.

My dr had me on puréed as soon as I left the hospital and then at my one week moved me up to soft foods, I think that's why I'm having a hard time getting in the Protein because I'm so full from just a few bites of food there's not enough time in the day to get in food, Protein shakes, and Water. It's getting a bit better each day but still was concerning to me to be so low.

how bout if you tried doing food for 1 protein like Breakfast or lunch and have shakes for 2 meals. this way your belly will be able to tolerate it more comfortably. this is what they told me to do when i switch to pureed. then if all goes well in another 2 weeks i go to soft foods and they told me to still get in one shake and try to get the rest of the protein in with food. the thing is now we have to eat ALL day long every hour bite by bite .... what an adjustment.