Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Interesting, what people notice.

Had my port revision yesterday. Glad it's over is all I can say. But here's my takeaway story for the day.

So I'm wearing the horrible hospital gown with the sock thingies on as well and waiting with the BF for my surgeon to come in to see me. Already got alot of comments from the nursing staff about the weight loss and was OK with it knowing it would stop once I went home.

So as you likely know, the surgical floor is kept fairly cold and while waiting for the surgeon, I tucked my legs up under myself to keep warm. The surgeon walks in and first thing she says after good morning is 'well...look who's all curled up in the chair there.' Figures she would spot that right away knowing that was an impossible position for me at one time.

A NSV is a NSV no matter where it happens...

I'm not at the "tucking in" stage, but I can only imagine how great it must have been doing that for the first time after surgery. And now, having it commented on...

Major NSV. Congrats!

Hope you feel ok and please give us banders the inside scoop on port revision⭐️.....and placement area

I gather each doc puts them in different places????

Hi Julie. I feel like I've been punched in the mid section. Hard.

The port I think is basically in the same place, but sewn deeper into the muscle so it's not visible. I can't really tell yet because the whole area is swollen but the idea is that the port is now deeper in the abdominal muscle and changed out to a lower profile again to make it less noticeable.

I'll let you know how it looks once the swelling goes down.

Love it! NSV's keep us going.... It's the little things we gave up and are getting back.....

My bad, what's NSV?

My bad, what's NSV?

NSV is non scale victory. Something good that happens that has nothing to do with the number on the scale. Examples are fitting into an article of clothing you didn't think you would be able to or using the seat belt on the plane without an extender....or tucking your legs under yourself in the chair as I noted above. Something most of us who are/were obese couldn't do.

Same here. Had port revision on 9/30. New port is in basically the same place and definitely doesn't stick out as much. I'm still waiting for some swelling to go down to see the final result.

Same here. Had port revision on 9/30. New port is in basically the same place and definitely doesn't stick out as much. I'm still waiting for some swelling to go down to see the final result.

Yes...I also have swelling and can't see the final result yet. But like you, the golf ball is definitely gone thank goodness.

Did you get a fill while having the port revision done?

After the port revision, could you feel any restrictions? The reason why I am asking is because I went in to have a fill due to me not feeling restrictions and that is when my surgeon realized my port had flipped.

After the port revision, could you feel any restrictions? The reason why I am asking is because I went in to have a fill due to me not feeling restrictions and that is when my surgeon realized my port had flipped.

I had to have a revision because the port stuck out and was bothering me...and looked funny. The surgeon replaced it with a lower profile and tucked it behind the abdominal muscle to hide it better. I've always had good restriction even with no fills.

Had port revision done today at Raleigh-Duke In Raleigh, NC.. Little to no pain. Dr. Kerri Seymour is the best..