Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just scheduled my surgery for this Saturday October 3 with Dr Fernando Garcia in Tijuana! This is for a revision lapband to RNY, very excited but nervous since Im going alone... Anyone scheduled Oct 3? Anyone with the same Dr or experiences with him?

Thanks!

I previously had a lapband to sleeve with Dr Garcia and he is a fantastic surgeon. Very skilled and has been doing this for a long time. You will have no worries, are you with readyforachange?

Did you have it done at CER Hospital? I booked through Tijuana Bariatrics. Did you go by yourself? Im leaving Friday by myself

I had the VSG with Dr. Garcia at CER on August 18, and my experience was really positive. I thought the staff was wonderful and caring, and the room was comfortable. I was checked on regularly.

When I was there two construction projects were going on - one inside of the hospital, and one directly outside the window - so it was incredibly loud during the day. If you're a light sleeper or are bothered by noise, I'd bring some earplugs and perhaps some comfortable headphones. That was the only minor quibble that I have, and of course is not related to the staff at all.

Be sure to bring GasX strips with you. I had minimal pain and discomfort but others on my floor were suffering. I gave one of my extra boxes to a lady, and she said it helped her a lot. I also used a heating pad. When you have the leak test you can request a copy of the X-ray for your files, but you'll need to pay the facility $19 (very reasonable). If you're wanting a copy, I'd just bring the cash with you.

We also enjoyed our stay at the Marriott. It's a bit dated but everyone was very attentive and gracious, and made us comfortable. They also were great at providing us with transportation.

I've lost 31 pounds in total, including the pre-op diet. I'm really pleased considering that my BMI is on the lower side. All my bruises are totally gone and the incisions have healed nicely. I've had some problems with my stomach getting upset from consuming too much liquid, such as Protein Shakes or Water, but it hasn't been horrific. It's part of a learning curve for pacing myself and figuring out which foods work well for me and which ones don't.

Good luck to everyone! :)

Just scheduled my surgery for this Saturday October 3 with Dr Fernando Garcia in Tijuana! This is for a revision lapband to RNY, very excited but nervous since Im going alone... Anyone scheduled Oct 3? Anyone with the same Dr or experiences with him?

Thanks!

How was your surgery? I hope that everything went well. I'm hoping to have bypass as well and I've looked at Dr. Garcia. I'm currently waiting to hear about Dr. A but any info you could provide about your experience would be helpful. Thanks!