Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've got my Date Oct. 19, Anyone close to that?

Just wondering if there is anyone in the area(Michigan) who had a date close to mine or anyone in general for that matter that we could help each other out along the way :-) Its getting to the last few weeks and my nerves are starting to get to me.

Yay, I finally found a Protein Drink that works for me which I'm stoked about because its been a long 6 mos trying all the different brands and flavors.

Is it strange that I made sure to up my life insurance policy just in case something bad happens, for some reason I am only thinking of the bad and not the good that can come out of this! Suggestions?

Thanks!

I'm Oct 22 and already feeling the anxiety. My dr doesn't have us do a pre op diet but I'm thinking I will anyway. I'm in WY but we can still support on here.

Oh!! I found one called "core power" you can get it at Kroger, Meijers and a bunch of other places if you don't have one near you.

I think I tried 10+ shakes. Some made me gag with the flavor and some have a gritty texture or a chalky taste and k couldn't stand it.

The core is lactose intolerant ( good after surgery), also gluten free and has 26g of Protein.

I've have the chocolate and the vanilla. chocolate tastes just like choc. Milk and the vanilla tastes like French vanilla ice cream--- no joke.

I also like the Gatorade power Protein. It's a whey based Protein Drink and 20g- so far I only like the chocolate Peanut Butter flavor though.

Thanks for the recommendations! I will definitely be checking those out!!

This surgery can't come soon enough. I'm so excited!

My date is 10/26 and I feel a mixture of anxiety and excitement!

I'm oct 21 and super nervous every filled all my paperwork out today and blood test next week, but I'm so ready, excited for you !!!!!!!!!! Let's change our lives!!!!!

I also am scheduled for 10/19!!!! VA here.

Edited by linzlou2000

I'm nervous for the pre-op diet! Mine is 7 days long. I'm allowed to have chicken/beef broth, crystal light, and sugar free Jello or Popsicle's basically. I work in a high volume hotel at the front desk and were constantly moving and running around, if i go to work without eating Breakfast I usually get sick, Im so scared to go 7 days without eating and having to work too. My doctor keeps saying your body is so large that it is going to sustain itself and not to worry and I'll be fine but its stressful!

I'm Oct 22 and already feeling the anxiety. My dr doesn't have us do a pre op diet but I'm thinking I will anyway. I'm in WY but we can still support on here.

Oct. 19 here too!!!! Yay!

My date is tentatively set for same day. But will find out set date tomorrow

Wow I'm so excited to see so many people with the same or near date as me! How is everyone doing so far with diet and excersise?

I'm doing what I was told not to do, and weighing daily and I get so frustrated not losing and working out but some days I'll be up 1-2 lbs out of nowhere! Very frustrating

Hi! I'm on the 19th as well. I'm excited, scared, and just plain nervous all at once!