Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For all who are contemplating surgery!

Do it! I had my 3 month check up today. I have lost 50 pounds in that time weighing in at 216 today. I am 45 and 5'10 and can't wear the majority of my clothes . I feel great, surgery wasn't bad at all. I haven't told anyone and everyone is asking me about how much weight I have lost.

post-82539-14435785432003_thumb.jpg post-82539-14435786078455_thumb.jpg

Orange shirt is about 260 and the other picture is now at 216

Yay! Congratulations! You were a week before me. I'm coming up on 40lbs. 3 months today.

Well done and congratulations! You look great!

Do it! I had my 3 month check up today. I have lost 50 pounds in that time weighing in at 216 today. I am 45 and 5'10 and can't wear the majority of my clothes . I feel great, surgery wasn't bad at all. I haven't told anyone and everyone is asking me about how much weight I have lost.

This is exactly what I needed to hear today. I had a lap band previously, but had it removed in 2012. I have decided to have a sleeve and I'm trying to pick a date to have it. The people that know, are trying to say... wait till after Christmas... wait till after this or that... but I'm like.... NO! This is going to be my life. shouldn't I just do it asap? I'm will to not have Christmas dinner to start my new life. People who aren't obese, don't realize, or can't realize why we are choosing this option. Would you have done it 4 weeks before Christmas? Or would you have waited. Thanks for your great post! Congratulations!!!! 50 pounds is FANTASTIC!!

I feel the exact same way! I had my surgery 7 weeks ago and I am down ~30 lbs! 54 total with the presurgery diet weight loss included. It was the best decision I ever made! No regrets whatsoever. Never thought I could feel this good about myself, and there's still so much more to go! Picture is me 2 weeks before surgery, and me today. I should mention I have Spanx on in the first picture. No more spanx for me. Yayyyy! post-259830-14444224824616_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jackpot435

Congrats! You are doing great. I'm so glad my husband decided to do it, I would have never thought of it. 2 1/2 years out and I went from a 2x to a 9/10.

Edited by sweettea

I am just beginning the process. Still have lots of hoops to jump through, but for the first time in many years, I am hopeful. I was banded in 2009 and it was the worst decisions I ever made. I am so hoping to get a revision to a sleeve. I am very happy to hear all of your stories!! they are so motivating and uplifting!! Great job everyone!!

does everyone get a drain and staples?

I didn't have a drain or staples. My incisions are so small it's hardly noticeable and I'm 8 weeks out.

I don't know but my dr puts a drain in as a precaution to watch for infection or leakage my band was tough to come out so I have one big incision about 4-5 inches

Wow the pictures look great I guess I am scared that since the band did not works this will fail also I had drain and staples out today and feel so much better ready to begin this journey!!! You are a great inspiration

Wow great job!!!! That is amazing!!! Stories like yours give me hope! I have had my band for 9 years and I have been dealing with horrible acid reflux for the past two and a half years, and now I have found I have a small slip and it may need a revision. I'm so terrified of surgery, I'm so afraid I won't wake up or I'll have a horror story ( I read the complication forum first ????) like a leak or I won't be able to stop losing weight etc. I am glad I read your post! It has eased my mind a little in case I do have to have my band revised to the sleeve