Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It has been a whirlwind! December 16th here I come.

It is so encouraging to see there are others who are looking forward to their surgeries in December. I met with my surgeon on September 21st and was told that if I had lab work done and have my Psychological exam I would be set for a December 16th surgery date. This was quite a surprise as at the orientation meeting I was told it would more than likely be six months out or more. I went from looking forward to 2016 to celebrating in 2015. Here is to a blessed Christmas and a fabulous New Year to everyone in this group.

Congrats for making the 2015 cut off. ????

Congrats!!! Just make sure to be pro-active, get all of ur pre-op stuff done as fast as you can, and you'll be there in NO time!!

Woohoo I just got my date today too! December 2nd.. Nervous but excited to make the change!

Woohoo I just got my date today too! December 2nd.. Nervous but excited to make the change!

That is great! I am nervous and excited as well. It seems to be happening so quickly. I would love to know how it goes for you. I will keep you in my prayers. Blessings!

Congrats!!! Just make sure to be pro-active, get all of ur pre-op stuff done as fast as you can, and you'll be there in NO time!!

Thanks Grace. I appreciate the words of encouragement.

So, my December surgery buddies, does anyone else find themselves just stopping and looking at all the foods in the grocery store you no longer desire to eat due to changing your eating habits for the better? I am almost positive that the workers at my local grocery store think that i have "officially lost it"! I stand in front of the bakery displays, icecream freezers, and the rows of Cookies and chips for minutes at a time. I don't buy anything, just stand there and stare. In my head I am having quite the dialogue in regards to my not needing it anymore. It is quite empowering to walk away, just a little funny for everyone else to watch I am sure.

It is so encouraging to see there are others who are looking forward to their surgeries in December. I met with my surgeon on September 21st and was told that if I had lab work done and have my Psychological exam I would be set for a December 16th surgery date. This was quite a surprise as at the orientation meeting I was told it would more than likely be six months out or more. I went from looking forward to 2016 to celebrating in 2015. Here is to a blessed Christmas and a fabulous New Year to everyone in this group.

My date is the same as yours

December 16th is my date! Feel free to add me on Facebook.for a sleeve buddy, its Sandra Beth :)

Sandra,

This is awesome. It is so nice to meet someone on the timeline as myself. Thanks so much for the offer of being my friend on Facebook, but I am mostly on it for work and do not really want to be discussing this for all to see. :P If you have email, mine is shylarose@juno.com. I would love to keep in touch so we can encourage each other along the way. :)

My surgery is scheduled for Dec. 11th.!!! Super excited! It is great to see all the support, ideas, and encouraging words as I browse the forums. I look forward to getting to know some of you!

Hi Everyone! I'm tentatively scheduled for 4th of December! I'm excited to find this forum because the people that DO know I'm getting sleeved are saying I should wait until January because of the "holidays!" I'm wondering if they're thinking of ME or everyone else that I cook for etc. It is a busy time, I know, and I do have some obligations... but what are your thoughts?

Jen,

Wow! Congrats on having your date set. I will be looking forward to hearing how it goes for you. I have my Psych. evaluation in a week, which is my last qualification. :) Hope you have a wonderful week.

My surgery is scheduled for Dec. 11th.!!! Super excited! It is great to see all the support, ideas, and encouraging words as I browse the forums. I look forward to getting to know some of you!

My surgery is scheduled for Dec. 11th.!!! Super excited! It is great to see all the support, ideas, and encouraging words as I browse the forums. I look forward to getting to know some of you! Tracy!

Well, you are the first so far out of the group for your surgery date. I am super excited for you. You will have to keep us posted as to how it goes for you.

Oh, the holidays. I know, right? Maybe I am being uber positive, but I don;t think it will be that bad. My family is very supportive and so I don't think they will make a big deal about what I can or cannot eat, or if I cook or don't cook. But, I am single and do not have a husband and kids to worry about.

The tough part for me will be to not absentmindedly pick up food as it is everywhere. I have decided to put a Water bottle in one hand and a Protein shake in the other and not put them down every moment that I am awake. That way I will not be able to pick up anything I am not supposed to. :P

Hi Everyone! I'm tentatively scheduled for 4th of December! I'm excited to find this forum because the people that DO know I'm getting sleeved are saying I should wait until January because of the "holidays!" I'm wondering if they're thinking of ME or everyone else that I cook for etc. It is a busy time, I know, and I do have some obligations... but what are your thoughts?