Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Head Rolls/Folds

The question I have is in regards to "head rolls or folds" that some of us have on the back of our head. Hopefully that makes sense.

Do men that have these "head folds" pre-op see that these go away as they lose weight post-op maybe over many months or years and end up with a "smooth" head? Can't imagine there is a head exercise for that...is there?

I know you only asked for male responses but I HAD to open because of the first few words of your post. I TOTALLY thought you were referring to something else!!! Omg! ????????????

Major rolls for me prior to surgery in April. Now, five months post by-pass and 100# down, the rolls are almost gone.... I won't have any at my goal weight....bye bye neck rolls.....

This is a great and funny question! Thanks for asking it and I hope you don't mind a females response.

I had head rolls! On the back of my head near my neck. It was gross and thankfully had a full head of hair that hid it.

My head and face were the very first places where I started dropping weight. NO MORE HEADROLL! It is gone, there is nothing left! It is also the only place on my body where the skin snapped back into place!

GAH! I wish the rest of me would have snapped back as nicely. At least I could have hid it with my hair! LOL!

I have jokingly told my husband he can no longer call me a "fat head"! (He never did....)

The answer is simple... Yes... down 87 pounds and the back of my neck fold is gone... bald is beautiful... right????

No more "pack of hot dogs" on the neck !!!!

Very cool.

Have razors.....will entertain Mr. Clean look for a while as the hair growth slows for a while.

I have found best way to distract from head rolls is to grow a gorgeous mullet.

I have found best way to distract from head rolls is to grow a gorgeous mullet.

Of course, since my long grey hair started falling out quite a bit and I cut to a buzz cut of 1/2" long, my scalp rolls and skull lines are now visible... If it is not one thing it is another. Soon, will dream of mullets.... when my hair grows back...

I know I'm female but I was just talking about this with my friend this weekend as the reason I can't wear head bands lol!