Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Cooker Recipes

As someone who rarely cooks is it weird that I am ridiculously proud of myself for digging out my slow cooker this week?

I have been thinking about investing in a 3 in 1 cooker, but since I rarely use my old-fashioned slow cooker I though I had better give it a whirl.

I raised my pantry and used a can of black Beans, two cans of Rotel tomatoes, one brick of Greek yogurt cream cheese, a few shakes of Mexican seasoning, and two frozen chicken thighs.

I made it on Monday and will probably still be eating it this Friday.

I still have chicken thighs. What EASY recipe should I try next?

I have used mine more in the last eight weeks (surgery), than I ever did before. There are tons of recipes for dishes that are healthy and the meat is moist and easy on the pouch/sleeve.

What's a 3 in 2?

http://www.food.com/recipe/10-bean-soup-470575?nl=ema

This worked great. Roasts are always wonderful. I put chicken in with Mr Yoshidaas Marinade and give it a couple of hours. But I really like using my slow cooker.

What's a 3 in 2?

Actually, that is a typo. I meant a 3 in 1. Its a super-duper slow cooker that lets you brown meats, etc. and I believe also functions as a pressure cooker.

I love my pressure cooker/steamer/slow cooker/ browner in one. :)

You can also make a really great chili in the slow cooker. I like cooking black Beans in mine.

Oh my gosh. It needs to get cold so I can make Chili.

I like throwing in chicken, lite red wine vinegar dressing, cumin, garlic, diced onions, and a little bit of chicken stock. Makes the most delicious chicken ever, especially when it falls apart and becomes red wine vinegar pulled chicken. Yum!

I got mine from QVC like 8 years ago lol.

I LOVE my slow cooker! Haven't been using it much this summer, but when it gets colder it will be coming out again.

One of my favorites is white chicken chilli:

chicken breasts and thighs

White canelli Beans

Canned Ortega chillies

Chopped onion

Cumin

Chilli powder

Chicken broth

I use the "fix it and forget it" cookbooks and adjust to make low carb/high Protein.

If you like Pork Loin it is really great in the crock pot.

Pour 1/4 cup of Water in bottom of crock; Slice one onion or cover bottom of the crockpot, place the loin that has been sprinkled with meat tenderizer in and cover with more sliced onions. Add Dale's sauce to taste (1/4 C for a large loin). Cook on Hi for 1 hour then reduce to low for 6 hours.

It will just fall apart when touched with a fork and is very, very moist. Enjoy!

I like throwing in chicken, lite red wine vinegar dressing, cumin, garlic, diced onions, and a little bit of chicken stock. Makes the most delicious chicken ever, especially when it falls apart and becomes red wine vinegar pulled chicken. Yum!

Do you use bonless chicken?

@@mykdzmom yes, chicken breasts with any excess fat trimmed off. :)