Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tummy tuck questions about scar

Personally (And being in Uk we do not have to wait for approvals etc we just hafta pay urselves) But......

Something seems odd...

I would feel very uncomfortable entrusting my body to someone who cannot give me some of his TIME and treat me like an important person not just a piece of meat.

It should not be a fight to get information. You should be treated with the utmost respect and an open and honest Dr is an important thing.

I had an operation some years ago - Privately - For a Hernia. I went to see one Dr who told me this n that and I felt so uncomfortable that I never returned (Then I got a letter from him saying how I shouldn't ignore the hernia, how he cared - When I was in tears in his office he didn't seem to give a 'pahoohah' about my fears etc... and could I pay his bill - Which I had already paid on the day of seeing him!)

I think that personally I would not be able to go into theatre without more nerves and fear when you have no Dr-Patient relationship with this Dr who is going to be hacking in to your body (Yeah bad way of putting it sorry)

I was so scared before my TT - It was hard to keep my eyes on the prize. But I did have trust in my Dr. I feel that is important.

As said above - This does seem very odd and I would go for an opinion with someone else, it could very much help you to find someone you are comfortable with.

:-) Take Care

Edited by Scamp

Scamp thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I'm actually sitting in a waiting room right now for a second opinion. However my appointment was scheduled for 10:15 and it's almost an hour later and I'm still sitting here. I'm such a nervous Nelly and this is such a big decision. This will be interesting. I just want them to take the time to answer my questions.

Hope it goes well....

This doc was amazing. He told me the scar down my stomach is not necessary. He also said I don't have to have breast implants and explained the whole thing because I wanted to know what he thought. The doc I first went to said I had to have implants. I loved this guy but the price was insane!!!!!!!!!! So here I sit. Do I go with what I can afford? Do I do nothing? I just don't see how I could ever afford this guy. I'm so bummed!

Edited by Meintraining

I didn't have implants - Just a reduction and I love my new Boobs! Scars so tiny they are like Invisible.

Do you have any pics of you? (The Tummy area lol) Maybe we can all say what we might do if we were where you are.

In the end you have to do what your heart tells you to.....

Could you just do part of it - Like just the TT and not the boobs? Then save up for Part2? That's what I had to do - Borrow from family etc

Good luck

Yes I can do part. That's what I'm doing on the 11th if I go through with it. As it is I'm borrowing the money. I don't have pics myself. I need to take some.

I wish I had taken alot more before pics of me. It is hard to show your after when you have no record in pics of the before.... lol

I have lots of pics starting just before Op1 - But of me back in the day of being twice my size.... I have very very few...

I consulted with five docs in person and two over the Internet. It's a HUGE decision, get a lot of opinions.

I didn't have the vertical incision (only 2/7 recommended it) and I still have some laxity but not enough to be worth that scar. I DID get the implants (didn't think I wanted them at first). They all recommended that, but two said I could do without them but would have no "upper pole" fullness and would have a more "athletic" look.

I had Tummy Tuck, brachioplasty, Breast lift and augmentation all at the same time. The only thing I didn't do was the thigh lift. Not sure it's worth it to me at this point.

Total for all (no insurance coverage) was about 23k

Hello Jess,

Thank you for your response. I got a price of almost 23 for stomach, thighs and breast. It is almost 8k for stomach and thighs at first doc but first doc wants to do the T and creates a new belly button while the 2nd doc will use my existing belly button and no T. His price includes a breast reduction. So I'll have to call them back and get a price for just the Pani which my insurance covers and maybe save up for the other stuff. There was a review on real self that was not so favorable for the first doc so I am kind of freaking out.

I cancelled my surgery for Nov. 11th. He did agree to not give me the inverted T but I was not too impressed with his pics. I'm both relieved and bummed about canceling as I was really looking forward to it but I need to go with the other doc. Only problem is I can only afford the TT with the other doc for the same price. I hope I'm making the right decision.

I think you are. If you do not have ultimate trust in your surgeon, then why would you entrust yourself to them. I have seen some horrific pictures online of poor people who have been left looking dreadful. I had to do my surgeries in parts - It took years from start to finish.

Trust your gut as they say - I think you made the right choice.

Scamp thank you so much for your response! I truly appreciate it and needed to hear it ????????

Scamp thank you so much for your response! I truly appreciate it and needed to hear it ????????

Have you had the TT yet and if so are you happy with it ?