Hey all! We're sure you've already noticed that BariatricPal was upgraded on 2/6/2017. If you happen to stumble across any bugs or issues, we'd love it if you could create a topic here to notify us of the bug so that we can squash it and keep your experience as desirable as possible! Thank you!
sgc

New to dating

216 posts in this topic

I strongly suggest never dating coworkers. The phrase "don't sh!t where you eat" is wise advice.

@clc9 now thinking about it, I do agree. I have never dated anyone I worked with. Besides, could it be that you have not connected with her in the way you would have hoped? 

I say try the dating apps. If you do not fear rejection, I am sure you will be able to find a nice female. 

As far as not being able to tell someone you aren't into them can be difficult but stringing someone along can be emotional damaging too. 

The reasons I considered dating a co-worker is that we both work from home so we never actually see each other and we both do different jobs and don't need to communicate with each other to do our jobs. My concern is if it doesn't end well, is she the type that will get mad and try to sabotage me at work? 

I did go on eHarmony and liked it but didn't put much effort in it. I kind of just wanted to poke around. I didn't upload any pics or anything. I like how I don't have to come up with clever pick up lines. I was also matched up with this same woman at work a year ago. The sad part is, I don't have people to take pictures of me so I have to bust out my tripod one of these days and get some updated pics. 

There is nothing sad about that. Tripods are awesome. Listen, if you feel she maybe the woman for you then go for it.

You feelings of whether she would be Vindictive is a valid point and concern. That's mainly why people don't like dating co-workers. I mean since you guys work remotely, you it may work out

I seem to over analyze things. I'm plotting out how to create an online profile and I want good pictures. I want the pictures to make it seem like I'm with people and natural and not posing for a picture. 

I don't think she is the type to be vindictive but I don't know. Maybe our paths will cross again on eHarmony. Last time I didn't have any pictures or filled out my profile so she likely didn't know it was me. There is also a company sponsored even coming up in a couple weeks that I'm pretty sure she will be at. Problem is, there could be 20-30 people and I'm not good in crowds and mingling. There's also going to be bowling and I haven't bowled in years because I was too big and it would hurt my back and give me muscle spasms. Even when I did bowl, I wasn't particularly good at it. Not sure If I'm going to go or not. 

I decided to go this work outing next Saturday that I know she will be at. A big part of why I decided to go was that she will be there but another part is that this is something I would have never done before big or thin. There will probably be at least a dozen people there and I can't just avoid socializing all the time. It will be good practice since it's people I know vs trying to engage with new people. Maybe I can get her alone for a minute and talk as well. In any even it will be good practice.