Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PLICTATION TIJUANA ANYONE?

I am scheduled to have gastric plictation with Dr Ortiz 3 weeks from now in Tijuana Mexico.I was going to do the lap band but they said most lap banders are coming back to get this done. I should skip lap band and do plictation instead. It just scares me a bit more Please REACH OUT IF YOU HAVE DONE THE PLICTATION? WENT TO TIJUIANA? AND CAN GIVE ME SOME ADVICE. ​ ​

Hi! I had Dr. Ortiz do my plication surgery on 9-2-14 and there hasn't been one day that I haven't thought of him and how he helped change my life. plication Surgery is so much easier on your body and recovery is a snap. I was up and walking hours after surgery and had no side effects. I am 63 years old...so no spring chicken, but I feel amazing and I am so much healthier as a result of this surgery. Make sure you follow their directions about your Protein intake, etc., and you too will sail through this. You will be amazed at how well you will do!

Hi I have 2 friends that had the lap band and now are getting the sleeve......and Ive heard amazing things about Dr. Ortiz :)

My girlfriend and I had gastric plication with Dr Lopez in mid-July. We knew the weight loss would not be as fast as with some other surgeries but we were and are very happy with our choice of plication. Week by week the scale goes down. It is wonderful not to feel as if you are starving all the time to lose weight, to enjoy and feel full with smaller servings. We were up and walking right after surgery. I was outside walking before they even released me from the clinic and all over Tijuana in two days.Recovery was not hard or painful. Plication does not seem to be very popular in the US/Mexico but there are wonderful reviews for it long term in europe. No need for fills or unfills. Good luck with your choice and let us know how you do.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I am going to send in my deposit today. One more question. I have surgery Tues and will spend night in hospital and wed at hotel. Will I be well enough to travel a 3 1/2 hour drive on Thurs? I will set up my account later so we can stay in touch

You will be fine to travel. I left Dr Ortiz and flew home so there was a lot of walking and waiting at the airport...then had another hour drive to my home. You really won't have a problem

I agree with Diana you will do fine traveling. My girlfriend and I had to cross the country and change planes along the way. We traveled overnight and then had a ride home from airport and it was no big deal. You will be amazed how well you feel. You won't be hungry and will just have to think about taking in liquid constantly. There is no drinking in big amounts at one time soon after this surgery. My friend can glug drink down now but even 8 weeks later I can't drink a lost fast.

Hey everyone my name Is Liz and I am scheduled to do the plication on 10/2 with Dr. Ortiz

My sister did it and she lost a significant amount of weight.

My adventure last year was great I met really dear friends Diana & Vic.

I am very scared and nervous and excited.

Anyone scheduled for that date as well ?

Diana,

You look gorgeous wow so amazing what a year will do.

Its Lizzy by the way Jen's sister ;) I saw your comment I was like "it's Diana"

You remember I said that if everything goes well with my sister and it is successful I will do it.

So here I am going to do it in two weeks, but its hard to lose the weight before surgery.

Did you walk everyday?

Hi! I had Dr. Ortiz do my plication surgery on 9-2-14 and there hasn't been one day that I haven't thought of him and how he helped change my life. plication Surgery is so much easier on your body and recovery is a snap. I was up and walking hours after surgery and had no side effects. I am 63 years old...so no spring chicken, but I feel amazing and I am so much healthier as a result of this surgery. Make sure you follow their directions about your Protein intake, etc., and you too will sail through this. You will be amazed at how well you will do!

Good luck Diana. Nice to hear your sister did so well with this procedure. I had it done 8 weeks ago after watching a friend and her sister over a 5 yrs period after plication. They lost significant amounts and seem to do fine maintaining.

LIZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!!!! Thanks honey for the kind words......you will do awesome! And how cool is it that Jen knows the ropes and can support you. You girls rock! I'm soooo looking forward to seeing your progress! Keep in touch and I will too! Support from family and friends is always appreciated so know that we will be thinking of you!!

I would never do the band. Of course now I don't have to. Had a friend who did, nothing but problems.

This is for life. I opted for sleeve because it's highly successful, has the least amount of post-surgery issues and just plain works.

I've not heard of anyone having that happen from a surgery that Dr Ortiz has done. I am one year out from having plication surgery and have not had one problem...best decision I ever made was having Dr Ortiz do my surgery....

Best decision I ever made having Dr Lopez do my plication. I am 63 and having most of my stomach removed was not something I wanted. Recovery was really quick, I could have gone back to work on Wednesday, surgery was Saturday evening, came home on Tuesday, but I had vacation to take so I stayed off the rest of the week. There are some foods I don't tolerate well anymore - fish and pork - but other than that I can eat just about anything I want, but only around 4-6 oz. Follow whatever your Dr's advice and you will be fine. If you are going thru Bariatric Pal, they will take good care of you.