Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got my date 10-19-15

I am nervous and excited. It seems so real now. Have been working on this for six months. Jumping through all kinds of hoops. I am so thankful to have my date. It will be done in Richmond California at the kaiser there. whoo hooo!!!

That's my date too!!! I'm at Kaiser South Bay.

Are they having you do a diet beforehand? My surgeon told me no... just don't eat after Breakfast on Sunday.

Hi there fancy- no I dont have to do a diet before. which is kind of strange. I keep reading about all these people doing liquid diet a month before. no just nothing after 10pm that night before. I am thinking we willhave to do enough Protein shakes and that kind of stuff anyways after. He did have me lose 12 lbs before he would do the surgery. I am so excited and nervous now that I have a date. I am worried about all this gas they talk about being in their shoulders from the gas they put inside of you to operate on you..I guess it moves around in your system till it gets out. I already have a prescription for the liquid morophine as well. and they are mailing all my discharge meds for nausea and other stuff. wow same date!!! I was told I would only spend one night how about you?? congrats!!!

Yeah, I've already been doing the Protein shakes, so no need to drink more of them! We will drink them enough afterwards! And yes, I'm only spending one night in the hospital.

I actually gained a little weight doing Options.. Last meal syndrome I think... The surgeon wasn't too worried. He said, "Why are we making people lose weight when they're getting the surgery because they can't lose weight?" I was like, "OMG YOU UNDERSTAND."

I'm waiting until my last appointment a week before the surgery, with the nurse, to buy my Vitamins and Isopure. I think they sell them all at my Kaiser, so I will probably just buy them all there. Super excited though! This has been a lot easier than I thought it would be.

Edited by fancystephanie

I have been doing ok with losing weight. I lost 14 lbs. but I was thinking the same thing. seriously?? we have to lose weight to have surgery that helps us lose weight?? umm ok. he did tell me I had a fat liver. so sweet my surgeon. so I did want to lose as much as he told me I want my surgery to go as safely as possible. but yeah it was hard. and so much pressure they weigh me every time I go in. But I think about people that weigh a lot more than me and they have to lose 20 lbs to get to where I am at?? I just dont get it. but I do what I am told because I want this done. I have to go have blood work done today. Next week on the 22nd I am meeting with a preop class thing in richmond. the morning part they go over what happens the day of surgery and what to expect and I have to bring my Vitamins so they can see I have them. I am still waiting on the chewable Iron ones to get mailed to me. . (yummy ! not!) I feel like a little kid have to show them everything.I have ordered stuff from Amazon and it comes pretty quick. then the other part of that day on the 22nd I get a physical from some general doctor I have never met. I have to bring a list of all my meds. He goes over my medical history..checks my lungs and throat?? lymph nodes? I dont know what all.I hope not too much. I dont want to shave my legs..ha I had to have a colonoscopy-(history of colon cancer) and a mammogram to be all up to date. so I dont know what this physical is for?? probably just another step to say ok she is good to go? I had to take off the whole day for this appointment. it is from 8am-3 with the surgery what to expect/vitamin show and tell and then a physical in the afternoon. so many hoops to go through. but I want this so it is worth it. and I want to be doing whatever will make the surgery go as well as it can. Have you heard anything about how soon after the surgery you have to go for a check up? Like to see how your incision is doing? They will probably tell me that in this class I am taking. Ok I guess I have typed a novel here.. Just wondering if you are doing these kinds of things as well. I also have to call a couple of days before my surgery to get the time of my surgery. it is getting closer.Monday Oct 19th. I have been trying to get this done for so many months..now it seems like wow. everything is happening fast.

how are you feeling? nervous? excited. both?

congrats, guys! my surgery date is Oct 27th and i cannot wait to start my new life! I did not have to jump through many hoops to get to this point, i guess i should feel lucky. i wish you both lots of luck on your surgery! we're almost there!!!

Congrats to you as well!! so exciting to have our dates. makes it so real. I am sort of nesting. getting all my Vitamins. getting a hair cut. bought some loose shorts and teeshirts to make after surgery comfortable and just stuff like that. yes we are almost there!! please stay in touch.

congrats, guys! my surgery date is Oct 27th and i cannot wait to start my new life! I did not have to jump through many hoops to get to this point, i guess i should feel lucky. i wish you both lots of luck on your surgery! we're almost there!!!

"Nesting," I love it! I'm thinking about buying a pair of size 8 jeans to keep around for inspiration!! I need to find comfy clothes to wear post op and the weeks at home after surgery. Haircut doesn't sound bad, either!

Hi Chickenmommy25 I just got my date this morning. Mine is Oct. 27th too! I am self pay so no hoops to jump through. Scary but exciting. Good luck with your surgery. I hope we can keep in touch. Maybe someone will start an October 27th group. I am new to this site. Just joined this morning. I am looking forward to having this support.

@@Roofergirl, how exciting! We are sleeve sisters! We can follow each others progress and check in on each other! I just joined myself. I'll message you privately.

My surgery will be 10/27 in Mountain View, CA. I live in Redwood City. Good Luck!!

@@jjod, we're sleeve sisters!!

Starting liquid diet tomorrow. Had Thai food as my "last meal" tonight. Did anyone else have a last meal?

Best wishes to all having surgery this week. My date is 23/10. I am in Brisbane Australia. Last week I was excited and wishing time away, but since Friday the nerves have kicked in. I don't react well with anaesthesia, and I've been weaning off my antidepressants, so a bit of an emotional mess. My surgeon recommends fasting for 3 days post surgery, then scan to make certain no leaks before starting clear fluids. That doesn't really bother me, but I don't cope without my antidepressants. This has been adding to my anxiety.

I having been on Protein Shakes for a week, but have eaten carbs on weekend. Emotional eating

I am also a carer for my mum, and as I'll be in hospital for 4nights, I've needed to organise care & support for her. My husband is very supportive, but just finding I am emotional and irritated by everything this past week.

It's good to read others thoughts on here & I wish everyone success.

Tomorrow is the big day! Hi chickenmommy, I am on my phone app because my computer is down so I can't get messages. I hope all is well and tomorrow is my big day.. So excited.. Yours is just around the corner