Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Plastic surgery scheduled

I had my consult and was very impressed and comfortable with the surgeon. We really clicked. She's a perfectionist and relatable. It lasted about two hours.

Even though I've been at my ideal weigh for a couple of months she's very ok with moving forward with skin removal. There's no way to know if my insurance will cover it new year which is why I'm looking in to it now. I asked both my WLS surgeon and her if I should gamble on the insurance and wait and they both said no.

So I'm having abdomiplasty, panni, and arms done on 12/9.

Pics were taken for insurance. That was weird...

If the girls just needed a lift, I would have done that instead of the arms. (Really a better option considering the Tummy Tuck and needing to use your arms to get up afterwards). But since there's really no fat left behind, I'll need implants. She said she would do a lift at the same time, but not implants. So that will be some time next year. My home work between now and then is to collect pics of what I want. Lol.

So for those wondering, tummy tuck is $5k (not covered), and arms are $5k. Girls (silicone) are $7k. The panni would be about $7k because it will cover the night in the hospital.

I told my husband the prices and he was thrilled. He was expecting 30-40k. I'm like, geez, that was easy!! Lol

@@amazon I can't wait to read about your experience and hopefully pictures!

@@amazon I can't wait to read about your experience and hopefully pictures!

You'll get it, the good, the bad, and the ugly! ????

You will love your results! Plastic surgery is the bees knees. :)

You will love your results! Plastic surgery is the bees knees. :)

From your lips...! ????

Now it's the waiting and the nerves !

You're having exactly what I had (though I had it all at once) and your doc said same thing mine did--no fat left, so yeah I needed implants too! So I had TT, brachioplasty and lift/implants.

I am beyond thrilled with my results! I hope you will be too! Had mine June 20th and a super smooth recovery. Feeling better than ever!

@@jess9395 that's great to hear !!

I'm really looking forward to it.

I was a little disappointed that she wouldn't do the implants at the same time as the tummy. But it is what it is. One thing I've learned through all of this is patience. Their time will come.

@@jess9395 that's great to hear !!

I'm really looking forward to it.

I was a little disappointed that she wouldn't do the implants at the same time as the tummy. But it is what it is. One thing I've learned through all of this is patience. Their time will come.

Yes the time will come! Different doctors have different methods and standards.. I interviewed with five and emailed two out of the country before choosing mine. His limit for himself is 8 hours in surgery and he felt with my low body fat he could comfortably complete my surgeries in that time and he did!

Recovery was likely harder because I was messed up basically everywhere LOL, but for me and my lifestyle I'd rather be fully down once that partially down several times LoL!

But the end will all be fantastic no matter how you get there!!!

I, too, am anxious to hear all about it. Although I'm still 20lbs from my goal of 150, I would like to look into doing this now to prepare for when I'm ready. I can lift the girls with a bra but can't do anything for the arms. Am wanting arms done and Tummy Tuck. Thanks for posting prices. I know everyone is diff, but giving me a rough ball park range is what I need. I paid for wls out of pocket, but lucked out, using 1/2 of it with tax return money. Don't think I'll get that lucky this time around.

Which surgeon did you consult with?

Dr. Sonal Pandya

Just a quick update - my letter showed up from BCBS. They approved the panni and one night stay. Gulp! It's getting real !!

I have BCBS also. They approved a pani. I am paying extra for TT and upper thigh lift. My thighs are not bad just some yucky skin top of the legs. They won't tell me what the insurance is paying for the pani. I'm paying 7,515 out of pocket. I have no prob posting cost. I feel it is helpful to those looking and researching. It has been so hard trying to research. I for one would like to know if this is a competitive price. It took until I had my surgery date until they gave me the price then only gave me a week to come up with the money to hold the date.