Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

does anyone else have long stages?

I just recently joined and ive notice that a lot of people have soft foods at 4 weeks. i was one liquids for 3 weeks, and amat the pureed stage for the next 6 weeks! I wont be able to have soft foods until almost 3 months after surgery. anyone else like this?

Wow...that's a stretch. Maybe because of your starting weight your doctor might be trying to give you as much advantage as possible to getting that first noticeable hunk of weight off. Hang in there. Your doctor knows you better than I do. Is the weight coming off??????

One month clears, one month liquid, one month puréed.

I've been on puréed and some soft foods since day three.

I think it's really interesting how different everyone's instructions are. You wold think there would be a fairly universal set of guidelines

I wonder if the length of the stages has an impact on the weightloss

Yea I am 5 weeks out eating soft foods. I can't eat much more then tuna or eggs though everything else makes me feel like crap for hours. My thought is they want to keep the calories down by going slower. After reading everything on line here I cut back my food intake as I have been laid up. But I have already started drinking caffeine as well. I never know if I am doing it right. Both of my feet hurt and I can't walk anyone else having this last issue?

Aaron what location did you get it done?

I was on Clear Liquids for 5 days,

Then added Protein shakes for 2 weeks.

My clinic calls that Stage 1.

I am now on Stage 2 for three weeks which is pureed food.

Then I can start Stage 3 (which I think introduces a few more things/solids).

I am not really sure what is after that.

Wow...that's a stretch. Maybe because of your starting weight your doctor might be trying to give you as much advantage as possible to getting that first noticeable hunk of weight off. Hang in there. Your doctor knows you better than I do. Is the weight coming off??????

One month clears, one month liquid, one month puréed.

wow bloomer that is one hell of a diet. I never thought of my original weight as a factor, I am pretty big.

@@Aaron I'm not sure what the pre-diet requirement is because I was so shocked about the post diet requirement...lol I really don't know the thought behind three months of this type of eating but will have to trust the doc knows what he's talking about. I'm a rule follower so we'll see how it goes.

My stages were 4 weeks full liquids, 4 weeks purees, 4 months soft foods. So pretty long. I'm glad I had a conservative plan though -- I never had the trouble, nausea, vomiting etc. that I see other people talking about.

I had really long weeks, 21 days full liquid, 8 weeks purée, 6 weeks soft foods...but tbh I had a bit of soft food and I felt comfortable eating it so I just moved on...8 weeks seems like too much; but follow your doctors advice it's different for everyone

Clears for 2 weeks, Full Liquid for 2 weeks, pureed for 2 weeks, Soft for 2 weeks then add in solids very slowly after that to see how it is tolerated.

My surgeon and others are very conservative. My surgeon wouldn't touch me unless I agreed to follow his guidelines. He states that he is very protective of the sleeve. Once you get a leak it's very difficult to treat and can lead to months of nothing to eat or drink except a tube down your nose so I take his guidance very seriously. I DO NOT want to get a leak. Everyone heals at different rates and that is why some take such a conservative approach.

Follow your doctors orders. I know it sucks as I am still on full liquids right now but after you get through the phases you won't even remember how sucky it really was. Right now your job is to protect the sleeve and still get in the nutrition that you need.

My stages were 3 days post op Clear Liquids, and then full liquids for 2 weeks, puréed for 4 weeks, soft foods for 4 weeks and then advance to normal diet. I am beginning my 3rd week of puréed. It goes so fast !! I can't believe I'll be sleeved a month on Thursday. ☺️

I was on liquids for 3 weeks too but I had chest pain and horrible pain . A lot of surgeons are different