Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Showing during pregnancy

I was 6 months post op when I found out I was pregnant with my first. I had an iUD at the time but it failed. Now I am 16 weeks pregnant, still down 10 pounds from when I found out I was pregnant and not showing. How long did it take others to show and what was the weight gain time line for you guys?

I am 24 weeks right now and started showing at about 20 weeks. I'm up four pounds from when I first found out I was pregnant. I've just remained vigilant about what I'm eating and exercising and taking my Vitamins. I got pregnant at 6 months post op as well. Congrats to you on your pregnancy and keep us posted!

I am 38 weeks and up 42 lbs (had lost 107 after surgery) so I am still about 66 lbs lighter than I was. To me I feel like I look huge, but everyone tells me that I still look very thin and I have had people look shocked when I tell them I am having the baby in a mere 10 days. CO workers are saying that I only look around 5months.

I haven't told my surgeon I am pregnant. I have an OB that has extensive experience with weight loss surgery pregnancy patients so I have followed her directions. I am scheduled for my follow up next month with my surgeon and will communicate to them at that time that I am pregnant and will follow up after the birth of my baby.

That's just the way I chose to go. You do whatever is best for you. I am confident after the birth of my son that I will be able to continue the rest of my weight loss journey.

I got pregnant 11 months post sleeve and have a healthy 16 month baby girl. I started showing at about 17 weeks. I did not lose weight and have struggled with some late term complications. The surgeon does not know if they are related to my pregnancy or not. I have seen many posts with women who do really well getting pregnant and continue to lose after giving birth. I am having revision surgery this month.

Edit to add: I was not at or near goal when I got pregnant. I had lost 43lbs post surgery and gained that back during pregnancy.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!