Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

30 ans under sleevers?

Any one care to share their experience, pain..food habits even complications. .thanks

Do you mean 30 years of age and under or BMI of 30 and under?

Ok. Well, I am 27 and I had surgery a little over 3 months ago - June 1st. Things have been going relatively ok so far. My stats are as fallows:

HW - 235

SW - 222.5

CW - 189

I am only 5 feet tall so I have set my goal weight to between 120-125. In terms of my diet, I try to stay on plan as much as I can. I would probably say I eat according to my doctors plan about 95% of the time. I have had a few moments so far where k decided to have a treat. Although I am not hungry very often, I try to eat every three hours, as instructed by my NUT. Sometimes this can be a struggle and it feels like I am forcing myself to eat.

I eat between 650-800 calories per day. I also workout 6 days per week and burn between 250-350 calories. I eat 60-80g Protein and try to keep my Net Carbs below 45g per day. Most of the time I am happy with my diet and can handle it without a problem; other times it's a struggle.

With regards to my quality of life, it has drastically improved. I went from not being able to walk for more then 15 minutes without being in pain, to being able to walk for an hour or more at a time. I make sure to exercise 5-6 days a week to help improve my fitness level. I also have a lot more energy then I did before.

Did you have any other questions could answer for you? I am not sure what else you want to know.

Thats great ..congratulations on your success....i am freaking out about tje hospital stay and pain as well as healing time i know everyones different, just wanted to hear some insight from those in my age range. .

I'm 29. I originally looked into this surgery when I was 25, but I was still very interested in going out with my friends on the weekends and alcohol and such. Even though I lived a few more years with the weight on, I am glad I waited until I was ore stable in my life before committing to the sleeve procedure. I had mine done 3 weeks ago, and I will say I still wasn't prepared for how tedious this recovery would be. I write down EVERYTHING (recently switched over to My Fitness Pal to track food). I'm on a strict schedule for my Vitamins and Protein (I'm very concerned about my hair falling out ... I really like my hair!)

So far I've lost 40 lbs total (24 pre surgery, 16 post surgery). As much as this is an arduous process, I am SO HAPPY i FINALLY went through with it. I finally have hope with my weight loss. I'm finally motivated to continue on this healthy journey. Life finally feels like there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Thats great ..congratulations on your success....i am freaking out about tje hospital stay and pain as well as healing time i know everyones different, just wanted to hear some insight from those in my age range. .

The hospital will take very good care of you. The real work is when you get home. I had surgery on Tuesday (August 18, 2015), went home Wednesday night and was off of liquid lortab by Friday morning and had switched to liquid tylenol which I was off of Sunday morning. The lortab gave me terrible side effects: nausea, dizziness, itchiness.

I also had a wide hiatal hernia taken care of when I had my surgery, and that caused more discomfort than my actual stomach. I highly suggest writing everything down the first few days. What time you took a Vitamin, how much liquid throughout the day, etc. The first couple days I could barely get 20 - 30 oz. of Water in, and forget about the Protein shakes. But every day I was exponentially better. Now at 3 weeks post op, liquids are pretty easy. It gets kind of boring on the liquid diet, but it's a small price for a life change!

I was freaking out at work the last 2 weeks before surgery. I didn't tell anyone so it was really hard to not express my anxiety and whatever, only my boss knew that I was leaving for "hiatal hernia" surgery. The day of surgery I was anxious, but once it was all over I was just like, "well, you did it. It's done." and my whole thought process was just to be my doctor's most kick ass patient. I've had a few "mopey" days, especially before I got my period, but I just reminded myself to power through it. I'm excited now to get back to work and get back to life. This site is AMAZING. Cruise the before & after pictures, read the success stories. This is the best decision I've ever made for myself. Stay strong and be excited!

Edited by Jackpot435

I'm 30. Had my sleeve done on 6/29. I started with a low bmi, and come surgery day I was 203. Since surgery 10 weeks ago I have lost 30 pounds. For some reason I expect to see more results, in my head I know better tho. Lower starters lose slower. Although 30 pounds in 10 weeks is nothing to bat an eye at! I'm 5 3 so my ending goal is 130. Im excited that there is only 40 pounds left to get there, not much bothers my new tummy. I'm tired ALOT, however I have 3 small kids, 2 in school that I get up at 545 and a toddler. I guess I would be tired without the surgery. Vitamins are hard for me to take, mostly because I don't like toddler the taste. I take my B12 through nasal spray which is obviously the easiest! My hair has started thinning so I just cut it off lol.

@@lmhelmick I was sleeved on 6/30/15, weighed 200 on day of surgery, and have lost 30 pounds. I think we are both doing awesome!

Edited by sleevenv

im 24 i havent had the surgery yet but im hoping to get a date sometime in march of next year

I'm 27. I was sleeved on Aug 18, 2015 weighing 177.6 (gained 6 lbs having food funerals before surgery lol). My BMI was 35.9. I'm 4'11. Today I weigh 156.6! 21 lbs down! I'm still on full liquid til next week. I'm very bored of what I can eat and I really miss drinking socially with my friends.

27 sleeved in March 2015 -- lost 70 lbs, 6 months post-op, feeling much better than before. Great decision made to have it done, it's a hard journey and the beginning is really tough, but ask yourself is your health and happiness worth it.

I'm 26 and am 2 weeks post op today, I was really worried about the hospital stay for some reason too. Trust me, thats NOT the hard part, lol. The day after I got home I was wishing I could go back to IV pain meds and IV liquids!

I've lost 21 lbs so far in these 2 weeks and I'm really happy about it! I eat around 400-500 calories a day, it's easy to do. Good luck!